Don Valley MFC Open Weekend 25-26th May. Bentley Moor Lane, Carcroft, Doncaster. DN6 7BD...CANCELLED.

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like Saturday has the best forecast for me.

Little rain and a "breeze" more down the strip although with gusts of 18 mph which is more like a gale for my super light weights. 😟

So likely a slight change to line up to leave out a couple of the lightest EDFs (a pity) but it still leaves 3 EDFs and include a more conventional pusher prop that will better handle those breeze gusts.

• Like 1

• john stones 1 - Moderator changed the title to Don Valley MFC Open Weekend 25-26th May. Bentley Moor Lane, Carcroft, Doncaster. DN6 7BD...CANCELLED.

That's a shame, John.

Luckily, I decided at the last minute not to bring the caravan up and stay for the weekend but just do the one day tomorrow instead.

Now that you've cancelled I'll just have to find something else to do tomorrow before my wife finds extra jobs for me!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Cripps said:

That's a shame, John.

Luckily, I decided at the last minute not to bring the caravan up and stay for the weekend but just do the one day tomorrow instead.

Now that you've cancelled I'll just have to find something else to do tomorrow before my wife finds extra jobs for me!

There's a fly-in at RR(Hucknall) MAC tomorrow and Sunday.  Their site in in Underwood, Notts (lost the airfield at Hucknall, which is now a housing estate).  I know their field is (or was) very soggy so they may have cancelled, too.  It's WW2 based event.  It's near me so, if it's reasonable I may have a run over to see what's happening.  Check their website here for the location.  The event is advertises here.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I too noticed the light rain now forecast for Saturday pm so half expected a cancellation. Such a pity.

Anyway late this evening at 8:45 it was flat calm so I flew one of the planes anyway the FX707 with flaps.

Complete1.JPG.7f17619a346c8f4159e682835fa1c3c1.JPG

Easy enough to see against the pale cloud high up but low down against the dark tree background not so good. I landed at 9:02.

Should be there for the 20/21 July.  

Edited by Simon Chaddock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoff S said:

There's a fly-in at RR(Hucknall) MAC tomorrow and Sunday.  Their site in in Underwood, Notts (lost the airfield at Hucknall, which is now a housing estate).  I know their field is (or was) very soggy so they may have cancelled, too.  It's WW2 based event.  It's near me so, if it's reasonable I may have a run over to see what's happening.  Check their website here for the location.  The event is advertises here.

Geoff, the Hucknall event has been cancelled. Was going to visit as I am staying in the housing estate in the old airfield! Spoke to others who told me of the cancellation.

Chris.