Pick a plane 2009

Looks as though my bit got lost in the transfer, so I'll have another go.

No real preference apart from supporting the change from a warbird.

Single engine for me unless it was something like a Trimotor with freewheeling outer props and not needing anything bigger than a 40 engine - I'm still addicted to IC power and don't want the complexities of multiple engines - yet...

Would love to see your version of one of the following in EDF build

A.     METEOR 8
     B.     AVRO VULCAN
     C.     GLOSTER JAVELIN    

Must admit i do have a very soft spot for the Meatbox as i used to watch them as a lad flying out of West Malling.  

A Fairey Gannet, in particular, or any other A/C with contra rotating airscrews, such as the  Westland Wyvern, would be most appreciated giving us a chance to use twin electric power. Failing this perhaps an A/C, preferably naval, which is not already availlable as plans, a kit or ARTF. 

I agree with most people on the forum. It should be something different and unusual and not already ARTF'd to death. A decent sized EDF classic jet or twin engined medium/light WW2 bomber - not a mozzie, would be great. I might even have finished your Hurricance by then!!

1. Bristol Beaufighter (50 to 60 size electric, with retracts) - possibly a beaufort instead?

2.  Decent sized ( 1.5m+ span) EDF Gloster Meteor, with retracts and flaps!!!

3.  EDF Blackburn Buccaneer, again - decent sized 90mm EDF?

Electric is the way to go - its now cheaper than ever.

Barry,

I'm so sorry but perhaps, like me, they've failed to see the attraction!  Mind you, apparently, I'm a heathen because I don't go all weak-kneed and (literally) starry-eyed at the Constellation...

How about a GA aircraft for a change - e.g. a Mooney M20J with retracts?

An EDF Harrier would be nice with all the armament etc. hanging off the wings - although I wouldn't expect Tony to implement the thrust vectoring (wouldn't that be nice though!)

...and I'd be tempted by a largish Sopwith Camel and would enjoy getting it authentically oily!

I'll go for the Whirlwind at 1. at least ! - and no, its not because of previous posts. I like the proto and always thought it undermodelled.

Getting the CG right may be a challenge - thats quite a bit of structure aft (if the tail is going to be robust) and not a lot of nose - Does anyone know if you can get lead spinners?!

2 - Miles M.20 - Surely another undermodelled prototype - when I learnt to fly I longed for a scale 1st low winger knowing a Spit or Hurri would be fragile with retracts. The M20 has the pedigree, plus a fixed u/c which would make it the ideal general hack but with Sooooooo much more class than the average sportster.....

3. Fairey Battle - Nice big wing - should be a beautiful flyer

4. Ilyushin IL2M3 (Oops sorry - couldn't resist - maybe have to save that for next year!)

All for around .60 power (2x 45 for the whirlybird) or equiv electric please