Ripmax Spitfire EP

Kelly

Advert

I would unquestionably have bought one of these recently except for two things:
1. The cowling just doesn't look right.  The cone-like shape immediately behind the spinner isn't part of any Spit I've seen. I understand the Haikong Spitfire cowl is a direct replacement for it, if one can be found.
2. The silvery camouflage finish again just does not look convincing.
It's a real shame - I saw one flying at Middle Wallop at the weekend and was really impressed with it.

I'll get me coat..........

Pete

• 10 months later...
Must admit I was also put off by the cowling like Pete B, but I've seen one fly and it does look good in the air and is a great flier.

I've got the Ripmax Mustang which also looks great and flies beautifully, but I wish it had retracts and I'm not sure I'm clever enough to fit them to a model not designed for them.

Here's my Ripmax P51 in flight.

Any charnce of geting any details on how the retracts were fitted  from your mate paul what bit her had to renforce and size etc ?

Good photo RW as you say would be nice with retracts I would have throught Ripmax would have marketed and fitting kits for all 3 ep models

Martyn 

Edited By martyn sharp on 14/05/2010 18:48:08

I have been flying my Ripmax spitfire for a few months now and its great. One question though. Due to problems with a previous belly landing model always breaking or bending motor shafts I have been using a home made prop saver on the spitfire. This is ok but it doesn't look good so I am thinking of fitting a spinner. Has anyone had any problems with bending / breaking motor shafts with this plane and any tips regarding landing technique to minimise prop / motor damage. I am using a Turnigy C3542 with a 4 mm shaft and a Master airscrew 11 x 8 prop.      

Interesting that some are making theirs more "scale".........in effect, I have gone the other way, with folding prop and aluminium spinner, so I can PSS mine off slopes that allow electric assistance purely as a safety device. I have only fitted a smallish motor.

Has anyone actually investigated the validity of the scheme?

JE J  as in James Edgar "Johnnie" Johnson, a Brit who commanded a Canadian Squadron hence the flag, invasion stripes so supposedly post D Day.

They have avoided serialising it, but valid ones were:- EN398, MK392, MV268 or post war MV257.

Were any Spits left bare metal where the scheme would normally have been grey?

Edited By Dave Bran on 20/05/2010 21:03:31