Aliphatic glue

Hi Gary
I use it all the time for general balsa building. It's strong enough, excess can be wiped off with water, you have some time to wiggle things around, and it sands well
I use epoxy for joints where more strength is needed, and cyano when I need a quick fix

ernie

I like to mix it....
When balsa bashing you rarely get a perfect fit where you cut the ends and thin cyano doesn't like gaps, so I use aliphatic for strength but with a few strategic dabs of cyano to hold everything in place while the ali goes off. I prefer this to cyano accelerator as it seems to block to hole in my cyano bottle unless I keep hiding it....

I use Aliphatic resin for most of my building.

When joining flat sheets such as doublers I use Thixofix impact adhesive (Get the match perfect first time or make new parts!)

I use very little epoxy. Cyano is only used if something will hold me up and for Cyano mylar hinges.

MD Products Procan is best for sticking down canopies etc.

Nobody has mentioned the trade names of any Aliphatic glues.

I remember that in the dim and distant past Bowden sold Crpenters glue, which was a yellowish adhesive. I have not seen it for years. I thought that was Aliphatic.

The other issue, for those of us, who have no convienant model shop, which DIY /trade outlets sell it.

Erfolg

I user DeLuxe Products Alipahtic resin.  You could phone Galaxy Models for some.

Alternatively you could phone Squires on 01243 842424. Buy a big bottle, Cat No 180-140 for 500 grams, buy some other small thing and you get it post free. You will also get an incredible free catalogue of just about every tool you could want plus much more, all at sensible prices..

They sell smaller bottles (112 grams)180-138 But the minimum order is £10

I suspect that the yellwoing carpenters glue could be Aliphatic resin..

Hi Garry, is this any use
First drill a hole at the centre of where the hinge will be. One on the (say) tailplane, and one on the elevator. Cut the slot, slip the hinge in, and drop thin cyano into the hole so that it wicks around the centre of the hinge. Then, drill through the hinge, pin with a cocktail stick, cut flush, and finish with a little disc of your covering material.

ernie