Ripmax WOT4 Mk2 ARTF chat

Hiya David yes i did read it and it seems we have common issues  but i have to admit I built this for someone else who bought this under my advisement,personaly wot 4 isn't my cup of tea although they do make a good winter hack. Im the one person in my club that isnt that fond of wot 4's and its only because ive had a couple many yrs ago and  decided that yes its a good plane but there are far more interesting models out there for the money and i do like to try out different planes. The wot 4 is a good model but in my opinion its very over-rated and because so many people have them its naturaly going to be popular for newcommers to the hobby. I dont own a wot 4 anymore but I will be the test pilot for this one and reserve judgement.
I dont think it matters what model you buy these days when it comes to good quality ARTF's they all will have something about them we dont like whether its the build or the flying.
I think the model would have benefitted from a servo being mounted at the back as an option for the rudder thus allowing bigger engines to be fitted and this would help balance from a larger engine.
Anyway Mr Foss has a lot more money than i do from his achievments in the industry so he must be doing it right and good luck to him...lol

Advert

Posted by Mike Phillips on 06/10/2009 09:10:05:
Hi

Can it be converted to take electric power??

Mike 

Hi Mike, sure it can.  The trick though, with electric flight, is matching the components with each other and with the model.  If you do it right, you'll be really pleased with it.  If you don't, components could fail or it may not fly as you wanted it to.  Give these guys a call, tell them that you're talking about a WOT 4 and how you want to fly it and they will no doubt be able to advise on the best power system.  I've used them several times now and they're really good,  I don't work for them or know them in any way besides being a very satisfied customer. www.falconsrcs.com

David C,
You're quite right about the proverbial wasps nest, but I've always managed to be controversial even when I didn't mean to be.
Although (and please people don't get hot under the collar about this) I still think its a very basic looking model, it clearly has a strong following - this is what prompted my question in the first place.... 
Ho hum... 

Hi david ashby  ,
I would like too say hallo ,as im a new member to rcme ,and to also say hallo too everyone
On this form ,some of the menbers now me on this form as i fly with them and are good mate,s  david c  and nigel ,
I have had wot 4,s for years now and love them ,there are so many aircraft out there these
days too pick ,i did have the blackhorse twister which i loved too death and would put it under the wot 4 for flying as i could do all wot the wot 4  does to a limit .
Also i would say that the sebart shark looks great and i bet it flys good as well  ,must get my hands on one too fly one day .
all the best  stuart