Ripmax WOT4 Mk2 ARTF chat

Advert

Brilliant job. I repaired one of my Wots that had a bad smash including the fusi broken in half below where the main wing sits. Beautiful job, BUT word of warning and something to watch for ...

First flight after repair I took off OK but even with max up elevator it would not climb, my flying site is on a hill so ground drops away after take off. I knew throttling back would make it drop even quicker, not enough height to turn and try a landing anywhere flat, so I just had to watch as it dropped and flew into a hedge line and smashed into a million bits.

When I checked the bits control surfaces were functioning so the only thing I could figure was I'd messed up badly with the angle of attack of the main spar? ie negative. I was a a bit heartbroken I must admit but learned a lesson I guess.

Your fusi looked ok so doubt it will be worry for you.

Thanks Bob

I have had the same issue as you before when I repaired a WOT 4E balsa. It was an extensive repair and I think I lost the angles - did same as yours on take off so I gave up.

Hopefully nothing much has changed on this one except, perhaps, lateral balance - I will expect the unexpected on first flight!

• 5 months later...

Anyone flying this model on an SC52A-S? If so, what's vertical performance like - unlimited?

Same question for an OS 55AX?

Any other suggestions for engines that fit/balance well, I've not bought anything yet but the SC is obviously a lot cheaper so erring toward that if performance roughly equivalent? I have a requirement for unlimited vertical flight (although obviously I plan to stop at some point!).

Edited By Scruffmeister on 11/06/2014 12:00:06

• 1 year later...

Hi fellow flyers,

I had the unfortunate experience of a buddy crashing my wot4 foam E Mk2. I need a new fuselage. I have looked around on the web, and can only find ones with the part number Z-CF020/02. None of the visited sites state which actual mark it is for. Even after telephoning one supplier I was no wiser.

So my query is are all the foam fuselages the same? ( I never owned an earlier version ) I just don't want to be ordering an incorrect item.

If some knows, please advise, cheers,

Glyn.

Glyn. I have put a new fus on my foam e and just bought a spare from Hobbystores as it was the only one I found. Perfectly ok as far as fit was concerned, but do a dry run with everything installed as I missed the weights included, and had to add lead in the tail to balance. I had to buy some Chinese glue off the net to glue halves as all the contact adhesives I had peeled off and so did epoxy. Hope this helps. Colin.