The new FlyCam Eco

That is very neat and reasonably good value, too.

So how does the transmitter channel control it - is it just on/off or can you control the modes remotely? Is it powered from the receiver? what current does it draw?

The link to J Perkins Distribution is wrong, btw...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Eddy the on off switch not only starts and stops recording but is also used to change between modes and turn the picture through 180 deg.

You switch the channel on and then off to start recording and then on and off again to stop recording. If you want to change mode then you switch it on for 3 seconds and then off, the change is confirmed by the LED as follows

Solid Green - Video Recording mode (LED changes to solid red when its recording)
Blinks ever second - Serial Photo mode (LED changes to RED when recording, blinks every picture)
Blinks every 2 seconds - Single photo, (blinks red once when you take the picture)

If you've mounted it on the bottom of a model and want to rotate the picture 180 deg then you need to turn it on for 10 seconds, you get a quick double blink off the LED, red if it's rotated 180 deg and green if its normal. Note on mine it does not remember the setting when its powered down and always comes back on video mode.

Eddy, as soon as you power up the Rx it should power up and the LED go solid green, the switch then switches between modes or switches it on or off. When its recording the LED changes from Green to Red. It sounds like you are not getting any power to it at all.

Was flying with mine again yesterday and tried the serial photo mode, the quality of the photos is actually worse than the video (which is quite good) and the photos look a bit like water colours

• 2 weeks later...
How does the video compare to my RC Hero Camera?
Here is a clip strapped to my boomerang trainer, facing backwards, a bit noisey, I was planning on adding a soundtrack bu never got around to it!
I lifted a couple of the wing bands over each corner of the camera for extra security.

Don't forget to click the 'watch in high quality icon' it's much better!

Edited By Phil Wood - Moderator on 18/11/2009 20:59:55

Blimey, I've just found this clip too, fitted to a little blade 400 heli, with the protective waterproof housing ! I took it off mine, thinking the weight might be a problem, this will enable me to use the various quick release mounts that come with it too now !

You can see the casing right at the beginning of this clip..
Just wanted to see how it compares to the Eco?

Edited By Phil Wood - Moderator on 18/11/2009 21:01:19