My Lysander Build Log!

Peter,  F7 problem,

I'm producing a kit of parts from the freebee plane to build it as an electric, as I personally thought it a little over engineered as an electric model.

Looking at the plan's side view of the fuselage , I drew a 90degree line from F8 to the base of F7, then from my scrap box I shaped two accurate pieces 3mm balsa sheet that fit precisely between F7 & F8,  These will eventually be glued in position holding F7 in the correct position for stringing.

Hope my method might help you.

T.W.  

You beat me to it Tony  

Edited By Terry Whiting on 12/10/2009 08:42:22

Peter ,

I managed to get a large Ceiling tile from work , ( the suspnded type ceilings you see in shops and offices and the like , It was spares I found not one I took from the actual ceiling )  This one measures about 4ft x 2ft x well over 1/2 inch thick , not sure what they are made from but they make a great building board when siloconed onto my building bench ...

The Model is looking great , can't wait to see more photos of your progress ..

Cheers

Trev.

"Posted by Trevor Meakin on 12/10/2009 20:54:58:
Peter ,

I managed to get a large Ceiling tile from work , ( the suspnded type ceilings you see in shops and offices and the like , It was spares I found not one I took from the actual ceiling ) 

Trev."

Trevor, good to see that you "borrowed" that tile legitimately, and aren't nicking the ceiling from over your workmates' heads

Could be a promising thread - "things I have misappropriated in pursuit of our hobby"

Edited By IanN on 12/10/2009 23:14:26