My Lysander Build Log!

This model looks the Dogs Cahunas!!! I owe it to the CNC wood pack to the fast construction, taken just under a week to do this so far

I told you Mr Nijhuis, I would build and by god have i started building it!

Anyone have any questions about it i can probably help you!

I have about £45 left for the budget, might get the vac form kit soon.
I too thought it would take me quite a while, I have really take my time to do it well but it is a really fast constuction method, although i have a feeling the wing will take a while to get straight!!!

Edited By Peter Savage on 14/10/2009 17:26:01

excellent work peter. the plane is looking awsome.
I use tower pro servos and have had no problems with them.
One thing i would suggest though is to watch the operating speed as some are slow.
As for mini servos get good ones preferably metal gears. those 14g ones you are looking at are a good mid size mini servos.

Id like to buy the whole kit but by the time I do the conversion to nz dollars and add freight I may as well go buy a small micro light instead.
Cheers Kiwi G

I think if i get those cheap servos i will disassemble them and check all the gears and wires on the circuit board, to reduce the risk of losing the model, after all, i have spent all my savings on this blasted model!!!

I'm thinking of making an MDF carry case for it, so i can transport it. Grandad flies off of an airfield off the norfolk coast and the lizzie would love to fly off their!!!

If you are using those servos Peter you will never stall them as long as you have the correct travel. T.N used micros in the wing on ailerons and flap, and I will be doing likewise (Hitec HS-81) or an equivalant, they have a 2.6kg-cm,and they have far more torque than required, they will also be used for elevator and rudder.

As for taking them apart I wouldn't advise it, if you are worried , give them a good testing prior to fitting, if one is a 'dog' just return it. I must have used over a 100 in my time, and never had one fail me. 

By the way, you are making a grand job of it keep it up.

Edited By Terry Whiting on 15/10/2009 17:29:51

• 2 weeks later...
I have cleared my bench to do a bit more on my Jodel, mainly so that i can try and send it off to RCM&E and get some funds cause if i am spending almost all my savings on this Lysander i will need something for a rainy day, hmm Nijhuis' spitfire next!!!

Hung the fuse up on my room ceiling so it is the first thing i see when i wake up, it relaxes me!

This does not mean i will be stopping, i will be casually doing bits on both but mainly it is just about the problem stated above I aint got no cash!

Oh and i have almost finished the tail surfaces! got a few more riblets to go Might get some pics up if your good :D

This model may require a reasonable amout of experience bacause of its tapering wing it may have some odd flying characteristics.

If you take it slowly and read the instructions carefully you should get a nice model! I actually used mainly non CA glue, i would recommmend wickes own-brand wood glue and only use CA if you need a quick join. There might be sime help threads on this forum