Postal Strikes

Olly P

As the title and description say really, with the two 24Hr strikes now looking likely with a high probability of other, longer term strike action also to take place. Have any model retailers especially those online, planed any contingency options for delivery? And if they are, are they publishing this?

I am mostley thinking of people such as GC (I'm about to place an order!) and BRC. anyone with any knowledge or thoughts?

I for one would much prefer to place orders with someone who made alternative arrangements for deliveries, even if only as an option with increased cost if incurred by them.

Advert

Almost all of our deliveries are now via TNT.  This is due to the huge number of orders we have had go missing in the last 3 months and the fact that we have to wait 28 days for a refund but have to send a replacement out straight away.

Cost is similar for us.  But believe me, TNT are not perfect - although we pay after delivery, not before!

Cheers,

My alter ego - Baldrick has a cunning plan ....

My theory is that for the next few days no-one will post anything.  So NOW is the time to order stuff because Royal Mail will have so little stuff to shift on the non-strike days that it'll arrive even quicker than before.

BRC are posting me some stuff today!  

I ordered some paints from Fighteraces on wednesday, and it all turned up this morning.  An engine part from Just engines that was ordered about the same time also turned up.  Actually it was a bit like christmas as some servo leads turned up from Hong Kong too. 

So all in all it seems like the strike was a bit of a non event for me!