Leeds Model Shop

Gotta give a quick to Leeds Model shop.
A model was ordered late at night - online - on Thursday 5th.
Yesterday ( 6th ) I had a call from them to discuss a few other bits  I had ordered. Their advice was sound, and they were polite and helpful.
I confirmed the changes.
A big box of Ripmax Spitfire arrived this morning 7th Nov.
Excellent service in my book.
Incidentally, they were also the cheapest retailer I could find of that model, and shipping too was a very reasonable £9.

Advert

I  visited Leeds model shop recently for the first time.

I t must be one of the best model shops in the North of the UK, if not the best.

I purchase a roll of Blenderm, which I had been unable to source from Chemists or other model shops. It has given me the opportunity to compare the product with the stuff bought from the chemists. Both adhesives seem roughly similar. The major difference seems that Blenderm appears to be a random strand polymer material, the chemists stuff appears to be a spun cellulosic strand  material both arranged in a random lamella.

Plus a few other items.

It was the help, no customer interaction which is extremely good. They have a very wide range of consumables, both for IC and electric. Good range of kits, all displayed in excellent premises.

It was a pleasant hour.

Reminiscent of when the Manchester Model shop was the Mecca of the North West.

Erfolg

• 4 weeks later...
It's my local model shop and I have been going there since I got into the hobby 20+ years ago.

It's quite funny as they only seem to employ people called Andy so next time you phone have a bit of sport.

They have never let me down, the service is great and since they recruited Andy Whitehead (F3P indoor masters founder) they have gone from strength to strength.

Leeds Model Shop are amazing and get  from me.
As a newbie to the hobby I got some, well intentioned, but duff advice from the small model shop on my doorstep. In despair I went to Leeds Model Shop in search of some true wisdom based on the reviews here.  They really bailed me out, the guys spend a lot of time making sure you get the right advice and don't waste your money.

On top of all that the place is a real Aladdins Cave, I could spend hours in there (and if the wife would let me thousands of £££

After considering the above remarks, I ordered a MPX Acromaster from Leeds Model Shop late last  Thursday via their website. They sent me an email as to the order's progress on the Friday, which was good.
It arrived half an hour ago by van. I could not ask for better than that. (Some other well known shops take 5 or more working days).
Their price was not quite the lowest I could find, but compared with some suppliers their lower delivery cost made up for that. So 5 stars.Out of Five.

Another recommendation for the Leeds MS.

I have just purchased a R617FS from them at £50.

Delivery 2 days, I suspect this is PO issue, still acceptable at this time of year.

I had no intention of buying one, when the price was £70. In fact I was going to buy a Spekrum, as Fx+Rx was less than a couple of addition Futaba Rxs. At circa £50 or lower is an acceptable price.

So well done Leeds MS at many levels.

Erfolg