December 2009 Issue

IanN

Advert

Got mine just now.  Haven't browsed yet.  But, am liking the accompanying catalogue.

Disliking the enclosed Scratch Card !
  Reading the small print it appears you have a chance, of a chance, of a chance.  Depending on at least 4 factures out of your control !  Either way, your details are then added to a 'greater' database.  Junk mail ensuing hmmm.

BB

I'm halfway though the mag and am fighting off the temptation to get onto servoshop.co.uk and order a Nemesis (doesn't it look gorgeous though!). 

I was interested but a little puzzled by the chap on the letters page talking about DC voltages of 40V or above being a safety hazard in electric flight.  His reference to arcing across switch contacts seemed misplaced - who ever put a switch in line with the flight pack in a 10S electric setup?

Good to see from the editorial that Graham is among us on the forum.  I haven't spotted him, but haven't been paying attention.  And lastly I must mention Timbo's "10 things" pages which I thought were very well put together.

Got mine yesterday  and the catalogue  and the scratch card .

Nice issue - even though I don't like two part reviews (CAP 232) especially.  Was quite interested in a Lander Hunter having had such fun with my Draken.  Shame there's a need to move the fan - seems a basic design flaw to me.  Going 4S seems a sensible option as the 6S fan only seems to chuck out an extra 0.1K of thrust ..................

Are we all prepared for Bushwacker-esque scribblings from Mr Whittaker about his new design  ?

Still look forward to easch issue immensely !

GG