What's happening to you in 2010

well the lad with the red coat on has been and gone...we are all making plan's for our nxt project..apart from stephen grigg's who is building a model a day....mine is a glider called 'guppy' from LE glider's...what about everyone else..?........let's be seeing what you are building.....

ken anderson............ne .1

Advert

Well this is what is currenty in the Hangar awaiting construction...in no particular order.P47

E-Scale P47 Thunderbolt
Seagull EP Extra 300
Ripmax Alienator
Mkiii 46" Wildthing
FlyFly BAe Hawk 90mm EDF
L.E.G.  60" P80 Shooting Star

To be purchased through the year is as yet unknown, except for a replacement for the Sopwith Camel - I am narrowing it down to a few, including Corsair, Blue Nose Mustang.

Ken 'Rip Van Winkle' Anderson............it's 2010 now!!

I've got an HK450 heli, a Copterx and a Walkera 37 to master (before my faculties totally abandon me); and a West Wings Fournier RF4, Super Grone sloper, Discus and  Schweizer sailplane kits to build. Think that's enough to be going on with............unless I see anything else that takes my eye

Pete

Finally started putting together my YT P-51D bought for me by 'er indoors (complete with RCV130 from the in-laws) for my 40th earlier in the year.

Also awaiting attention are a Graupner Ultimate picked at the Nats for a bargain price of £99 and a GBD A-10 for twin 40mm EDF units, once I can work out where the radio goes!

Mainly shivering and trying to keep warm - eating too much and watching far too much TV - (mainly DVDs as live content is mostly tripe).

I occasionally go out to my workshop to remind myself of the things I really want to be doing, but it was -8°C here again last night.  Now where's that bottle of scottish antifreeze???

Just awaiting delivery of a CDScaleDesigns Sopwith Pup - due this week. A real builder's model that should keep me busy for a while. Might do a build blog on this one as the construction looks interesting.

(That's the official reason - the real reason is I might need some help and advice )

BEB

Sorting out the SC 52 in my junior 60.
Re -building my Piwakawaka.
Re-building my Eze-fan.
Deciding how to power the ex-slope wing that Mal gave me.
Getting my Bugly Ugger into the air.
Getting my Hiperbipe into the air.
Building the Prangster kit that I bought in the summer.
The list is endless

Still on my first ever build/rc model the Telemaster 40.  Wings are just about built & I'm starting the body this week.  Got my first TX, I went for the Futaba 6EX, just got to figure out what all those levers and buttons do .....  Bought myself an SC70FS which I will be starting to run in sometime this month.  So, exciting times ahead, hoping to join a club later this month, if there are any spaces available!  In the meantime I've just got to keep my fingers crossed and continue building.  Lovin every minute of this great (new to me) hobby

My Typhoon is at last finished. Covered and all surfaces working. Now to paint it and test fly.
I have really enjoyed this build, my first plan build.

The rebuilt Corsair was taken to the field just before Christmas for a test flight but kept nosing over. Not sure if it is a problem with mal adjusted flaps or the balance.

Next is to finish the Pitts then to build a Marutaki Spitfire that has been sleeping in the box for at least 12 years.
That is, unless something else takes my fancy?

Robin

Just finished setting up the T28 and Corsair (Parkzone) Presy's, with the FF7 that I got for a pressy last year.

Next build is the Eflight Taylorcraft 450, (start this afternoon) followed by the Overlander Tucano that I found whilst putting the crimbo tree in the loft.

When it gets a bit warmer in the shed, the Flair Barronette that I had for a birthday pressy, can't decide whether to go Ic or electric for this one, but looking forward to a good building session.
Re-motor the Jumper 25 with a new SC36 another pressy.
Re-motor the Quiver with a lower Kv motor.
Finish the Allycat not much left to do on that one
Then build some neezers for the Mayfly at OW.
Put a new engine test stand together and set up some old diesels for the Neezers and some old vintage free flighters.

Cheers,
Chris.

I ordered the wood for an APS Eros at the weekend - 84" cabin job from 1949.  The plan was an X-list item, and the wood is on it's way from SLEC.  I don't have a period engine, the nearest I've got is a Merco 35 so that will do.  Originally it  was designed for a 5cc diesel as a freeflighter, but I think a 35 2 stroke turning a 12" prop should do the trick.

I was given an Eros powered by a McCoy 29 when I was about 13 or 14, which I fitted with occasionally functional home made single channel radio and wrecked the model in short order. It's a bit of a nostalgis trip. 

It must be more than 10 years since I last built from a plan, but it will be easier now with a modern all in one printer to cut out the tracing paper or pricking through the plan with a pin.

Xmas pressy to myself was a  Funjet, which took longer to paint than assemble, and is all ready for it's maiden if it ever warms up outside.

Posted by Jim Carss on 04/01/2010 13:44:12:

Exellent choice Bob,this is mine built from x list plans with SC52 up front,the 52 is way too powerful,I think a 40 fs would be about right

Jim,
can I ask how you dealt with the banded on tailplane and two part rudder?  I'm thinking of making the tailplane and fin as a unit, with peg and bolt attachment to the rear fuselage but I'm open to alternative ideas.

Bob