micro recievers

Adam Lomax

hi everyone
im looking for a reciever for my tech one mini piaget and i have found this one on robotbirds. it says it is supplied with crystals, but can i fit my own as my transmitter is sythasysed.

or are there any other ones in the same weight and price range that you would recommend

and also are these crystals suitable or do i need a different one

thanks
Adam Lomax

Advert

I'm not sure I've understood exactly what you're asking - so apologies if I'm stating the obvious!

It makes no difference that your transmitter is synthesised - just set it to the frequency of the xtal supplied with the receiver and ignore the transmitter crystal they send with it. 

If you're  asking about buying additional crystals to have the option of using alternative frequencies then I'd check with Robotbirds what crystals it requires.  Your second link  doesn't state whether or not the crystal works with that receiver - it might, or it might not!  The only way to know for sure is to ask Robotbirds.

Edited By John Privett on 09/01/2010 14:12:31

Adam you will probably need to buy the Rx crystal, just specify the same channel number you like to use on your Tx.

Note this Rx comes with the non-standard servo plugs (lighter weight) which is fine if thats what you need, otherwise you could look at one of these  http://robotbirds.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2024

I have a MPX Cockpit Rx and use lots of different 35 mhz Rx's with it, just have to buy the Rx crystal to suit frequency I use.

I have one of these http://www.giantcod.co.uk/corona-rd620ii-dual-conversion-receiver-35mhz-p-318.html in a 6 Channel glider and it has been very good.

the reason i have to get  another crystal is because im on a set channel at my club 

all of the servos and esc use the lighter plugs.

to simplify, i didnt know if that reciever had to use that crystral supplied or if i could change it to one of my own small ones.

sorry for the complexness

It's worth asking if they can supply one with the specific frequency you need.  Presumably they have them available on a range of different frequencies.

Otherwise other small ones you already have might work - or they might not.  Even if they appear to work give it a good range check to see that the range is the same as with the "official" crystals.

Usual advice is to make sure you match the "brand name" on the crystal to whatever you're plugging it into - so a Futaba crystal into a Futaba rx,  JR crystal into a JR tx etc.  Obviously this is more difficult with a "no-name" rx - but the instructions (or supplier) should tell you it uses "Brand X" crystals.