Hirobo Freya 90

george wilson 3

I have flown helis now for 2 years i succesfully cut my teeth with an E-Flite Blade Cx2 helicopter,i picked up flying quite quickly within a month i was flying circuits backwards!!!!!,i have heard it said that it can take a year or more just to hover,i have since offered lots of advice on the subject on various forums with regards getting started and how to succeed,however i recently got the opportunity to upgrade and bought a Hirobo Freya 90 and i wish i hadnt,it has a mind of it's own i slowly lift the throttle and it begins to take its own course no matter how i trim it,it lifts but then wants to be gone one way or another i am having to put so much cyclic inputs in,if i push forward you have to pull back to stop it but then it keeps coming backwards i know this isnt right as my cx2 will stop dead on a dime,i have told several noobies to stay clear of the hirobo gear and the kyosho stuff to my cousin had a concept and i couldnt even get that to fly!!!!! it just started to go widly out of control, it was a bit embarrasing as we had a lot of spectators in the local park watching us everyone stood round the heli waiting to watch it lift luckily i cut the throttle but when it landed one of the blades had smacked the boom another major fault with it,so its back to my trusty CX2 from E-flite happy flying guys.

Advert

Theres a big difference going from a fixed pitch to a CCPM model george !
My little electric 450 is very twitchy even with all the rates set down, and subsuptical to outside forces such as wind and downdraft from the rotors, however my 50 size NItro Raptor is a lot easier to hover.

Edited By Delta Whiskey on 22/01/2010 12:15:38

The Freya 90 is not a coaxial, and will be nothing like a cx2  toy !
Power Class: Glow (.60 - .89)
Class: Helicopter
Category: Aerobatic | Pod & Boom
Flying Skill: Intermediate-Advanced
Build Type: Full Build

sounds like a gyro problem George, did you let it initialise correctly?

Edited By Delta Whiskey on 22/01/2010 12:13:16

Yep indeed, and flying a nitro in a park ! Not a good idea ! Have you tried it on a sim George?

Oh and I would recommend to get it fully checked over, by someone who flies Nitro heli's,  the 90 is not something to mess with and I'be be really, really surprised if you could fly this backwards circle in a month !

Edited By Delta Whiskey on 22/01/2010 12:26:14

Edited By Delta Whiskey on 22/01/2010 12:28:08

George, i agree with Michael here. I don't really think you know what you are doing upgrading from a Cx2 to a Hirobo Freya 90.
.......and then come on here and tell people not to buy it!!!

The thing is, its not the Heli that has faults, its most probably beyond your skill level! 

Edited By Ross Clarkson on 22/01/2010 12:39:12

mmm ive flown a cx2 no problems first go ,but would not dream of  flying a  freya 90 solo and in a park full of onlookers very bad idea could have be very serious.im not one of these safety lobbist types, but do believe in common sense.
 please dont be put of george with practice and help your find your be able to set up and fly your freya 90.

yeah i agree with Ross it's way beyond your skill level at present just because you can fly a coaxial doesnt mean you can jump to a freya 90 and fly it no problem.
The Hirobo helicopters are superb helis and have been around ever since i started flying helicopters 20years ago, same with Kyosho they are household names.

Edited By michael birks on 22/01/2010 13:17:21

I've checked - its definately not April 1st

George, without wanting to discourage you, if you're serious what your saying is an example of a very little knowledge being a bad thing!

I'm no heli flyer - not by any means! - but even I can fly a co-axial - they're easy. Anyone can fly one - forwards or backwards.

But a "proper" heli - now that's a different matter. I've seen guys with 20 years fixed wing experience reduced to being absolute begineers again with one of them!

The advice above is good. I too am not "safety mad" but a full blown nitro heli can do a lot of damage - not least to you! Get yourself a sim, practice, practice practice, and then prefeably a heli knowledgable mate to check the model out for you and start off somewhere very isolated and just try lifting it gently of a training undercart. Then slowly progress from there.

There are plenty of experienced heli guys on here who can give you some advice.

Good luck

BEB 

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother on 22/01/2010 13:53:29:
The advice above is good. I too am not "safety mad" but a full blown nitro heli can do a lot of damage - not least to you!

I think you're underplaying this a bit, BEB - this is a lethal instrument in the wrong hands - and something to be treated extremely carefully in the right ones!

George, please get out of the park and into a club which can show you how to operate this model safely and make sure it's set up correctly and built properly.

Quite frankly, I hope this is a troll! 

Edited By Martin Harris on 22/01/2010 14:37:37