50th anniv' fly-in pics, video etc.

Advert

Hope to be there tomorrow Chris / Danny.

Will bring the Sea Fury but sadly only as a static aircraft as I haven't finished it yet for a test flight. The radio gear is still not fitted and the paint is still incomplete.

Maybe you guys can make the BMFA NW Area Scale Day at RAF Shawbury near Shrewsbury instead? It's the 11th July, scale models (inc ARTFs only)

Same goes for my jet turbine.

Will bring the H9 P47 though.

What's the post code for my GPS?

Great site, nice day out.

First two are Trevor Wood's F4U Corsair powered by a great sounding 250cc, 5 cylinder radial! Beautifully flown and sounds awesome.

These three are the modified Seagull Sea Furys of Chris Bott (blue) Danny Fenton (FAA standard) and me (Iraqi). All electric powered. Mine's not quite finished yet (eg no radiators), despite working until late last night and starting again early this morning.

Nice to meet Danny, Chris, Timbo and Rahme, David and Grahan Ashby et al.
So where were you?

Edited By Shaun Chant on 27/06/2010 17:13:49

Hello chaps and chapesses....just got home
Terrific weekend, glorious weather, great site, and well organsied by the greenacres chaps well done guys!!
.....even the orange toed tortoise enjoyed himself at his first ever fly -in ( ask Chris Bott )
Had lots of flying, chatting, meeting forumites BEB, AllanBowker, Shaun, Brian, Andy, Lindsay, Tim Hooper  and Netty, David Davis, the Lewzey boys, and even good 'ol weasel made it down from the frozen north - think he enjoyed the event
BIG thanks to Chris for the hangar facility, and general camp pow wow sessions - great meeting up with him and the other A123 UK representative Danny Fenton
My 300+ flight 4 year old F86 Sabre died a spectacular and fitting death in a mid air with a large IC Bipe on Saturday evening....the marshalls were still picking bits of foam up this afternoon .
Didnt bother with the camera, as TBH plenty of photos will be in the can from both Graham and David Ashby, many of which will be in a future edition of the magazine, and Danny and Chris too were busy snapping away at stuff, so should be plenty to see over the next few dyas..
Hope you all behaved yourselves, and watch out for more reports over the next few days.
A tired, sunburnt, but contented Timbo

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 27/06/2010 21:09:48

Well that was rather brill  met so many forumites and had a wonderful time mingling, chatting, and enjoying some great flying with some great models. Although we ended spending a fair bit of time making sure the event went smoothly I really enjoyed the two days.
Many missed the evening flying which was fabulous. Chris let me fly the Boddo designed Cirrus Moth in Formation with his Boddo design Tiger Moth just as the day was ending. I must say i had a tear in my eye when we landed, it was the breeze, honest! it was swneaking around the glasses  Thanks Chris.

To everybody that I met, thanks for making the weekend, I really felt we were one big crowd brought together to enjoy aeromodelling, no matter the size, propulsion or cost of the planes.

Going for a sit down and a cup of tea, like Tim, I am burnt, dehydrated, hungry and exhausted. But happy just the same.

Photos later when I have been through the 200 odd I took.

Cheers
Danny

Hi everyone, just adding this with what little movement I have left. That sunshine was sooo energy sapping! Fantastic weekend, totally made by everyone who came. Many thanks to all visitors for coming, the models, the flying and making it all such a relaxed event.

I can say hand on heart that I have never ever seen such a diverse range of model aircraft in one place. (Note to self - must visit the Nats one day lol).

Here's a few more pics. I'm sure many other people got much better ones.