50th anniv' fly-in pics, video etc.

What a great flight line, on both days, and such a varied one, with something for everyone's taste.

Timbo

I was the owner of the Pitts special  that was occupying the same space in time as your F86 Sabre, these things happen and  hope it didn't spoil your weekend to much.

All the best Dave

Edited By David Whitehouse on 27/06/2010 22:54:48

Advert

Hi All,

arrived back safe and sound - rather tired from the heat, but very, very happy .

The whole event was perfect. The Greenacres lads did a fantastic job - every aspect was organised with a quiet very friendly efficiency. The flight-line marshalls couldn't have been more helpful. Going up to fly was a totally pleasant and stress free experience thanks to them - helping with models, flightline calls the lot! A special "thank you" to Reg and co who helped me "jump start" my car after I'd rather stupidly left the ignition on and flattened the battery!

It was great to meet up with so many formites; Weasel, Alan, Danny, Chris, Andy, Timbo and of course David and Graham A. The chat was always fun. A really nice thing about the event was that there was enough folks there to give the weekend the feeling of a "big event" and provide lots of variety - but not so mant that you felt lost in the crowd. It really felt like a big happy family!

I'd totally agree with those that have suggested that 50 years is far too long to wait for another of these 

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother on 27/06/2010 23:22:04

Posted by David Whitehouse on 27/06/2010 22:36:00:
What a great flight line, on both days, and such a varied one, with something for everyone's taste.

Timbo

I was the owner of the Pitts special  that was occupying the same space in time as your F86 Sabre, these things happen and  hope it didn't spoil your weekend to much.

All the best Dave

Edited By David Whitehouse on 27/06/2010 22:54:48

Hiya Dave
No worries at all mate, these things happen, and yours didnt exactly escape unscathed did it
I had over 23 hours cumulative flying time over almost 4 years on it, so it "owed me nowt" and I enjoyed every one of them..... and it died doing what it did best.

Its just a piece of foam
( well actually, its rather a lot of pieces of foam now LOL )

I had a few stickers made up for the event to give out to pilots and have about 30 left.

PM me your address and I'll get one in the post to you. They make a nice flight box or model sticker - vinyl, about 100x70mm.
First come basis, I'll leave a post here when they're gone. Happy to post overseas.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 28/06/2010 07:15:48

What a Tremendous weekend, Top drawer entertainment, i had a great time a realy well organised event, Top marks for the greenacres club members for sorting out a first class fly in...

Good to meet up with the forumites, Allan bowker and his two well behaved sons Harry & Jack. "Dave.B.E.B." -Chriss bott- Graham & David Ashby sound guys.
  Tim & Netty a brilliant couple... And of course the crazy Timbo Radge pelt... & all the other nice people that i spoke to....

Only to be spoiled, when i arrived back home, Whilst taking my camping gear out of the car. I dropped my transmitter and smashed the front case. What a Sickner to a very memrobale Weekend....

Best Regards  Weasel......

Hi All

I would like to say a big thankyou to the Greenacres Club & RCM&E for putting on a great event. Jonathan & I were only there for Saturday but enjoyed it hugely. It was a pleasure to meet some of the forumites & David & Graham. As Jonathan said we loved the eagle Timbo.

As an earlier post said there was a great variety of model on the flight line which added to the all inclusive feel. It was a great pleasure to be parked on the flight line next to the big Corsair. What a fabulous model, 5cyl radial, superbly built & weathered & flown exquisitely, a real joy to behold.

Sorry we didn't hang around for the saturday eve BBQ (late change of plans). We did try to find you David & Graham to say thanks but just couldn't see you about, so, thanks again for a superb day.

Keith

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 27/06/2010 19:54:13:
A memorable forumite (weasel) wanted Ken Anderson to see this .....

reading through all the post's and photo's look's like a grand weekend-and of course the north east of the patch was well represented by 'lord weasel of alnwick'...who apparentley needed someone to translate for him-and will be reporting back shortly........again well done to all.....

ken anderson....ne...1..

It was fab to meet weasel and he fitted in so well with us all at GMAC, at one point we were sat eating a good healthy cafe breakfast, you know the sort, bacon and eggs in a pool of choleserol etc... and he just sat down with us, why aye  a real character for sure, hurry back matey  you are welcome anytime.

PS sorry about the Tx

Was also great to finally meet Mr and Mrs Timbo, Thanks for befriending my little Roisin she was talking about the plane lady incessantly when I got home. Sorry I was useless at remembering the sticky buns  Tim and Netty were lovely, and the memory of us all flying models sat in armchairs on the flightline Saturday evening, fortunately we were all mode II when the Tx's got handed up and down the line. Brilliant.......

Didn't really get to chat to BEB as he was just heading off to recharge his car battery with a short drive. Shaun was great to turn up and put all the effort in to try and get the Fury's together, we will save them for next time. Anybody else I have forgotten, it was lovely to see you all.

Cheers
Danny

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 28/06/2010 20:37:59:
Yup Lord Weasel was quite a character, see you at the Nats mate?

Another highlight I forgot was flying formation with Tim on Sat evening - Alpha Jet and Sabre . Still not sure how you did some of that stuff Tim

Easy David, I just shut my eyes and go for it  - alternatively I just imagine I am up the big rock in a combat session with the sloper lads
Yep, enjoyed that - the Alpha jet is nice, and slightly more affordable than the Corsair

As mentioned by David earlier, I had a LOT of interest from people in the EPP Eagle, and am getting quite a few more today via email etc.  I always stress that the original is the only version I can recommend as the clones are just not in the same league.
Slightly off topic, but to help those interested, heres the website of the original creator and info on purchasing, and a link to an old thread.
NOTE: this is not the funky chicken although the thread is linked to it.
David Perry 1 is asking if people want to join in on a bulk buy HERE

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 29/06/2010 11:04:38

Hi all my name is Andy glad you all enjoyed the weekend.
I am a member of GMAC and as you now know what a great club it is, and although i am new to the sport am enjoying every moment of it thanks to people like Danny and Chris and Dave.
I would like to say congratulations to the lady who passed here "A" test at the show and know what a great feeling it is as i only got mine three weeks ago.
Cheers guys