Ron Moulton, RIP

Mike Rolls

Sad news. Ron died on Friday morning, I am sure that most folk here will be familiar with his name; for those who are not, he has been an enormous influence on model flying in the UK since the late 1940s. He introduced C/L flying to this country and, especially in his days as magazine editor could be found at the forefront of just about any worthwhile development.
He will be sorely missed.
Mike 

Advert

When I was a kid we didn't have much money. I used to read anything I could get from the library, could pick up second hand or cag about aeromodelling. I would read them over and over and over again. I still have many of those very well thumbed books and articles. Two guys who's books and mag writings were my constant companion as a youngster have gone within six months of each other - it truely is the end of an era.

Very sad.

BEB

Ron's funeral service will be at 12 noon on Tuesday 26th October at St. James' Church, Bushey High Street WD23 1BD. Family flowers only, but the family have arranged with the undertakers, James Peddle Ltd., 10 Moneyhill Parade, Uxbridge, Rickmansworth WD3 7BE to accept donations in the name of Ron Moulton, with the proceeds to be split between the RAF Benevolent Fund and Harefield Hospital.
Mike 

Hello All

We didn't have the pleasure of meeting Ron, but Boddo did often speak of him with great warmth and humility, in that he always classified Ron as ‘somehow’ being of greater understanding or having some kind of seneority over Dave.

David did try to get Ron to come with him to celebrate the 40 year anniversary of D B Sport & Scale, but sadly he could not attend due to other more immediate and pressing duties looking after his wife (as I remember it).

Judy & I would dearly have loved to meet with him, but it sadly wasn’t to be. Yet another very great inputter to this very creative hobby has been lost to mans age old enemy “Death”. Roll on the day when this is brought to nothing as written at 1 Cor 15; 54,55. and many other places within the same compilation of books.

Eddie.

Posted by Mike Rolls on 14/10/2010 05:47:35:
Posted by Bert on 12/10/2010 09:11:30:

Don't leave out Ron Warring, Henry J Nicholls, Dave Platt, Doug McHard and of course Peter Russell.

Bert

Bert
I thought that Peter Russell and Dave Platt were still with us. Am I wrong?
Mike 

Peter Russel is indeed alive and well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...