Cleaning Models off

Advert

Try car windscreen washer fluid......buy the concentrated stuff (Wickes £3.50 a gallon) & dilute it 50/50 into an old spray bottle shake, spray on, wipe off (cloth/kitchen wipe) nice & clean.....water gets rid of the mud, alcohol based fluid shifts the oil......!!!

If really dirty, greasy & dusty (the model that is!!!!) then Dettol Spray & Mop is awesome.....antibacterial too...useful for the sheep poo!!!!

IC models get dirtier than electric cos they're flown more...a quick refuel & they're off...not hanging around in the pits for an hour waiting for the batteries to charge.......

Hi, i have used surgical spirit for years to clean the crud off, only problem i have found that some of the cheaper ARTF covering colours do come off slightly but no real problem.

After cleaning the airframe, i use good old mr sheen to bring back the shine. i have used surgical spirit for years as where we fly there are a lot of doggie walkers, most are really good about picking up the poo but you are never 100% sure of what the model has run through on take off and landing so this makes sure that there are no nasty infections taken home on the model after a days flying.

Hope this helps

Chris.

Start with everything VERY CLEAN, use acetone or similar on the metal exhaust stub, and maybe kicker on the rubber tube. Leave to dry off, apply a small dash of CA, slide on quickly, then tiewrap. last s a bit longer, but frankly I too usually end up frustrated with the bloomin things. I know a guy who made a "wrap" of thin brass sheet to go over the rubber, then drilled a hole right through the lot, and used a selftapper to lock it all in place.