how to hide new planes from wife, advice please

Advert

One of my club members has the same problem.He knows her movements so hides his new models under the bed.Then ,he will produce from his pocket a small box.He will then say his been to the model shop,but only bought this.Itll probably be an engine,but its only small ,so in his wifes mind he hasnt  spent much.Then when she is in the bedroom he will deliberately bring the new  model out,saying he is going to build this model he bought a couple of years ago

Well we are into very advanced modelling techniques here. One tactic that has proved very sucessful over the years is the so-called "perception method". This explots the fact that most women cannot tell one plane from another but are very sensitive to colour (this is the "scientific approach). So always make all models the same colour - say red. As long as she never sees them together you're laughing.

Another one is the so-called "gender adaptation method" - basically this steals a tactic often used by the ladies themselves - "What, this old thing? I've had this for ages dear." Needs to be said with great conviction. Basically as a ploy it relys on the fact that if she were to challenge you on this it might lead to the unravelling of some of her own little schemes - so she can see that this is one best left alone.

The third method is known as the "phobia technique". In this you come out of the shed one day - when you are sure she is looking - shake your head and say "wow, if I hadn't seen that I would never have believed it." She will enquire what you are on about (don't worry - she will ask, women can't stand not knowing something they think you know). You say "In there, the biggest spider/mouse/rat (take your pick) I've ever seen" She'll never go in there - any new models will go unobserved in there. Be sure to make frequent references to the beasty in the shed - just to keep her revulsion level up. Invent a whole life story for it - it could have "little beasties" for example. Anything really, as long as it keeps her from the shed.

Next week - "How to get your wife to buy you a four stroke engine, a years supply of fuel and pay your club subscription"

BEB

Posted by Chris Bott on 31/12/2010 13:02:04:
Brilliant BEB

The last line though, does have me wondering if you're in some dreamland or other? Or have maybe started the new year celebrations a little early?? 

I've no idea - hic! - to what you are refering Mr Bott - hic!

BEB

Just show her everything that comes through the door, make a big point of doing it whilst getting very excited about your new toy. After two or three of these type of events, she will be bored of it and take no notice.

Or don't moan at the cost of anything she buy's..............I found this one works !!!.

Cheers,

Simon

If your other half is anything like mine then the postman turns up on a daily basis with something or other she's ordered on the internet or through catalogues.

Just as BEB said though, she has no idea what plane is what so if she asks if a plane is new, I give the standard answer "no I've had it ages, just a new paint job" .

It's not until she counts them that my secret is revealed, but there again, I keep them moving around from workshop to house to keep her confused. 

mmmm Im not sure my wife is normal!  i have been feeling the need for an edf,and was "testing" a few out on phoenix sim,when she remarked "why are you flying that? you dont have one like it! " OMG! how did she know? Im feeling slightly deflated at the moment

Aaron, Just claim diminished responsibility, and throw your self at her mercy. Can have any one of three outcomes.

1 You'll have to buy her a new Kitchen or Bathroom, B&Q have got some good   deals on at the minute.

2 You will be sleeping on the sofa for at least 3 months. DFS have got some good deals on at the minute.

3 She will drain your bank account. You might want to try The Halifax, they have some good deals on at the minute.

But just in case ring the local hospital to see if they mind you flying your indoor Heli in the day room.

Have luck,

Chris.