Biggles' Mess

Advert

Home for a short while.

Emma and 'grandma Mary' are in hospital, MIL having had a short break this morning once Emma was up onto the ward.

I therefore have niped out to grab the 'mothers present' which I have, some lunch and a quick bath as I am stiff, sore and tired - Emma is fine, just waiting for mediction to wear off. Emma and Stephen will be coming home tomorrow hopefully. I will be back with them shortly.

Thanks for updating everyone Dave.

Ken - The new trainer is being planned at the moment - he is going to need it, and my trainset will be coming from his Grandparents once the shed has been finished!

Olly

Following my recent doom & gloom posting I was pleased to find this little bit of potential good news **LINK**

WOW 10 times the capacity, or 1/10th the size with over 1000 charge cycles. We could be heading into the golden age of lekky flying (sorry Alex).

kevinb public information dept

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My wife and I have just spent the morning meeting with and lending our verbal congratulations and support to a really nice bunch of folks from down Englandshire starting from Liverpool They are doing a fund raise for MND,, Motor Neuron Disease and as part of that this activity they have two parts. One headed North to Ben Nevis led by a "London Taxi" redressed in the MNDA logo. The other group Cycled to Snowdon, of course they have had to get to the tops of those hills too. They started Saturday evening at about 6PM and are supposed to get back to Liverpool by 6PM tonight.

Motor Neuron Disease is not well known, and once diagnosed the average life expectancy is 14 months and entails rapid physical deterioration to total dependency. There is no cure.

**LINK**

Lemsip for me please - this throat is really bugging me.

FTB - MND is a horrible illness, and comes on so quickly. A friend and Colleague of mine was diagnosed with it and left us only some 4 months later. I donate to various charities when I have the funds, and MNDA is among them.

I hope that a cure will be found, but it is a way off yet.

• 1 month later...

Aye, one of my favourite chaps had MND. Stephen William Hawking, CH, CBE, FRS, FRSA and Famous Science Bloke. And I guess we can all realise that although it's a difficult illness, he has led a full life so far at 71 yrs old, married twice and fathered 3 kids. Good luck and wishes to all that have MND. face 9

Don't really want to start a new thread, but I have been doing a bit of casual dealing on Ebay recently and getting fed up with the time that purchases are taking to arrive, later and later, mostly, I think because of the postal service. But....

Sunday the 7th July I bought an item from an ebay 'business' about 70 miles away. Economy delivery (2nd class post.)

It was marked as despatched on the 9th. Expected delivery Saturday the 13th or Monday the 15th.

Stayed at home or nearby all day Monday and yesterday, not just to receive that but for other reasons as well. Nothing has arrived so I contacted the seller tonight. They havent sent it yet! Reply 'Just taken over new business, sorry, sending it first class tomorrow!'face 17

Might ask for a refund for my postage after it arrives. Won't use them again.

You can get things delivered from Hong Kong in 4 days over a weekend.

On the other hand one seller returned £1 postal charge unexpectedly because they had overcharged me.smile d

If anyone uses eBay regularly they will find that the site is now piling on more and more links to things that they think you might be interested in on the 'front page' ......There are yards and yards of pictures of, for example, model aeroplane engines..

My wife is a quilter and demon needleworker. In the past I have bought and researched items for her hobby from the auction site. One of these was a plastic disc with holes around the edge for making braiding from cotton or thread.

I was quite amused that eBay thought that we would be interested in bidding for a bicycle brake cable or a rusty car sub-frame leaning against a garage wall because it had the words 'brake disc' in the listing.

This one...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk2-Golf-GTi-Axle-Disc-Conversion-Braided-HosesDrilled-Discs-/121138610375

Edited By Chris P. Bacon on 17/07/2013 22:31:55

Posted by Chris P. Bacon on 17/07/2013 22:23:17:

I was quite amused that eBay thought that we would be interested in bidding for a bicycle brake cable or a rusty car sub-frame leaning against a garage wall because it had the words 'brake disc' in the listing.

This one...**LINK**

Edited By Chris P. Bacon on 17/07/2013 22:31:55

Well absolutely. The Mk2 Golf was arguably the best of the GTIs and near collector's item level parts fetch pretty good prices.

I am absolutley furius right now,my skysport has just stopped working.now,i seem to have left it on in the on posision last time i was playing my realflight ,now that was days ago and its been connected to my pc since,also in the on posision i t5urn it on only to find that out ,so i quickly dash to my work shop to pick up a spare tx battery.a fresh one ,a reciend purchase,at first i think i have been sold a dodgy battery..screeeeeming out loud that not only have i bought a second hand battery but it's not even been charged,so i try and old battery that i have ,a very old battery but with hopefully some power left in it try that and ,no ,nothing .then in notice that with every battery that i try ,none of them work,the light on my charger doesnt light up.Which mean that something has broken,either some component inside or the docking socket in the tx or my charger.i doubt it is any of the batterys...now very angry person.should i take the tx appart to try and bend the wires that where the battery joins on ,fits.or does anybody else out there in RCM&E land have vany other sudgestions,because i am not a wiz at electrics .the last time i tryed anything simalar was with a ps2 controller and that took all night...didnt work anyway..grrrrr.help me peeps.Scot .up ye