PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Okay. Its bad news I'm afraid... sad

Work in their wisdom have given me Sunday 9th Oct off sad.

That means I can now make both days of the final flyin and will be attending the meal with SWMBO!! cheeky

Staying at the Afon Conwy as mum has kindly agreed to house / dog sit!

Tim, Add 2 more to the meal list please!!!

See you all soon!!

Chaps.... Ive been issued with a writ from a Lawyer in Cheshire re: The Meal On Saturday.

It seems we are in breach of local by-laws if we eat Asian based foods on Saturday night if we number greater than 3.

So Ive defaulted to the old grub house that is Afon Conwy ( Premier Inn )......its better than nowt, and as the Indian restauarant I was going to use have cocked up and double booked us with an earlier booking anyway - and I can't be arsed to try and find an alternative at this short notice.

Any complaints..... take it up with a lawyer cheeky

Soo it's a curry at the Afon then.......... everyone happy secret We will just be pleased to get there, as I'm still finishing my A4 as well as trying to get another hack model ready!

Looking forward to seeing you lot on the 'Orme........ weather looking promising too.

Cheers

Ade

Yeah that's right Mark. East or North East sees us fly that side of the hill. Not ideal for the meet due to the walk with our models and kit but a good, powerful flying slope and excellent for the cameras with the sun on our backs! If it goes South East then we have a problem as that's the only direction that cannot be flown on the Orme. We are watching the weather closely as you can imagine!!

This weekend 8th/9th October sees us meet on the Great Orme, Llandudno, for the final planned event of our 30th Anniversary Season.

The forecast continues to show Easterly winds dominating, which will see us fly from the cliff tops overlooking the pier. For this site we DO NOT park at the usual 'Tank Track' car park – instead we would park in the Dry Ski Slope Car Park (up through Happy Valley at the base of the pier) and walk up past the ski slope café, through the gate and up the stone stairs to the flying site. For those with larger models it is advised to park on top of the Orme (turn right just before the Tram Station and follow the gravel path to the grassy area where you will see cars parked on the left hand side) – this results in a further walk (~10 mins) but a flatter one and aids the ‘delivery’ of large models to the slope edge.

The forecast wind strength is not as strong as we would have hoped for and looks more suited to the lighter loaded PSS models. The Easterly slope is proven to work very well but offers little or no salvage land-out area – so not ideal for our Fly For Fun meeting but we will do our best to run the event despite the conditions. Electric and Sports models are allowed of course in the case of the windspeed being insufficient for PSS.

I hope to see you up there – meet on top at 10am each day.

Summed up nicely Phil.

E or ENE 10MPH at sea level will see plenty of lift on this ski site slope, so here's looking forward to a great finish to the very successful PSSA anniversary year. If parking at the tramway halfway station point, please be sure to leave the farm access road clear, and if at the ski-slope park there is a decent overspill parking area to the left as you reach the site. Toilets and cafe are available at the skicentre - about a ten minute walk down from the "Pits".

See you there chaps

This afternoon in town the wind had definately dropped off from yesterdays strength.

Still ENE so direction should still work from the ski centre slope.

Forecast is now showing 7 - 8 mph for Saturday, with stronger forecast for Sunday.

Up top of course thats gonna be quite a bit higher so we should still be able to fly the lighter stuff.