Phoenix Online Session

Advert

"I'll just see if someone is selling a disc and buy the cables to connect it to my Futaba radio.."

Phoenix uses a hardware device (black box) built into the cable to prevent software piracy. Buying a disc off somebody will not help unless they are also selling the original cable to go with it.

I "think" you can get cables direct from Phoenix but they don't cost much less than buying the whole boxed set because the black box built into the cable is effectively the software licence.

You can view the demo version of phoenix downloaded from the website but I understand that that it does not allow you to fly the models at all. It is more of a demo "video".

I think you are better to get the cables and CD together - i don't think you'll save much by getting the cable and disk separately. Without the cable the s/w will not keep itself up to date and even worse you'll not be able to fly! I'd also recommend the demo before purchase so you can check your PC is up to running the sim.

Just been testing the set up for a flying site for a slope combat session and seem to have something that will work.

The idea is to use the Flying Wing, power off and hit what you can.

It very hard, it was only when I stopped trying I knocked somebody else out of eh sky by accident!

So, sometime soon I'll setup a combat session and we can try it out. smile

• 2 weeks later...

Hello chaps

Hope you don't mind me asking here but can anyone assist me re my trackir. I use it in ordinary sims and it's meant to be able to be used with this type of simuator too, i.e the phoenix.

I have a thread on this topic but it seems to have grinded to a halt. As you chaps are regular users of phoenix - which I use and think isbrilliant - can you have a look at my thread please to see if you can assist. Even if you don't use trackir I would appreciate assistance to find a way to get to the official phoenix support.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

cheers

dave

Posted by John Hickson on 30/11/2012 15:05:13:

My TrackIR worked at first with little setup needed, I tried it again after reading your post and now it doesnt. I blame you for mentioning it!

I dont really use it for Phoenix as the screen track the plane anyway, for flight sims it cant be beaten.

Sorry about that John smile p I appreciate its not really necessary in this type of simulator, but I fancied trying it cos I figred it would be fun to look away and then back at the plane as in RL

When I saw it looked possible I tried to set it up but never succeeded. Did you use a particular trackir profile, if so where did you get it from? Also what view did you use in the phoenix setup?

Inormally use the "Keep ground in view" one but I thought it might use the "Freeloook"

I'd like to ask phoenix about it but I don't know how to contact them from here in the UK?

chsers

Edited By Dave Rose on 30/11/2012 15:43:14

Posted by Ian Jones on 05/12/2012 18:32:53:

I'l be running a session tonight at 8pm:

Session: CMFA Slope Combat

Password: slope

Setup yer flying wings as gilders and let's have a bash.

If visitors request it I'll change the location & purpose during session.

Oh dear something has cropped up. The session will still be live as mentioned but I will not be taking an active part until 8.30pm