Grumpy's thought for the day

Myron Beaumont

Michael
How do you get to blank page 7 We're on page 6 as far as i know ! Page 7 will be the next one to come (maybe ).Not sure 'cos there has been a very poor response of only just over a couple of thousand viewings in one week ( I think ? ) I am going to apply for the job of the next "Doctor Who" .unless you beat me to it by looking into the future . This thread is all about the experience of the past and what it's done to get us old'uns where we are now .
Plenty of going back --Not forwards
Ps -By the time I've written & posted this ,we might well be on "page" 7
Pss -Guess what ? I've forgotten my pass word for the next time I've got to log in .
I can hear all the cheers from here .All the sheep are bald now .That local chap I mentioned on an earlier page ( no ?) has been and pinched their woolly coats .(65 p per sheep ! I've just been told )

Advert

I'm afraid all this, in the context of this thread, reminds me of the joke about the three old dears sitting on the park bench.

"It windy, isn't it?" says the first.

"No, its Thursday.", says the second.

"So am I", says the third, "let's go and get cup of tea."

BEB (feeling confused - but quite happy!)

First of all, on this thread and the Pitts Cafe thread there was nothing except the 'Post a reply' panel. This thread is now OK, but I have posted on the Pitts and I still cannot see anything?

Is it just meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

For ages I've been confused by all the different numbers and letters to do with specktrum problems .Don't get me wrong but I am even more confused than ever about the thread number whether on the Pitts cafe or the grumpy thread. I hope we all stick together to stop Terences virus spreading to us all .Or have I got it all wrong again?
Roll on number 9 "page".
Now I come to think about it ,it seems as though I've had amnesia for as long as I can remember .

Posted by Myron Beaumont on 16/06/2011 08:08:54:
The biggest disadvantage of old age is that you can't outgrow it
. Apparently ,I've been going bald on top for about 5 years I've recently been told .I didn't know it !,In fact I even noticed more and more hair in my ears and nose
Migration ??
Hi Myron,

According to Homer Simpson it's the same with memory. Every time you learn something new, some of the old stuff has to fall off the end to make room. Sounds good to me .

Chris.

OK Michael has PM'ed me a list of posts on his page 6 and page 7 to compare with mine. One thing I can see straight away Michael is that you don't seem to be seeing posts by Tim - as he's a Mod that's potentially a problem.

Tim posted on this thread today at 14:38, 14:45 and 14:53 - but you don't list any of them Michael - you might be missing others but that is the only one I can see here from your pages 6 and 7.

Can you normally see posts from Tim?

BEB

Posted by David Morris 1 on 16/06/2011 08:57:08:
Briliant lads, havent laughed so much for ages, strikes a familiar chord.
David, stick with it, we'll have you laughing so much, you'll need stitches to hold the bits in . Have you got medical insurance, you may need it .

Chris.

Posted by Pete B on 16/06/2011 12:15:12:
I still can't work out whether Eric was making a subtle point by posting that missal - or he really hadn't noticed it was already on the previous page, posted by Big Bandit!

Pete
Hi Pete, I'm still living in the sixties . May be Myron missed it.

Chris.

Chris
You are assuming that the brain has a finite capacity . It only has room for so much info?
I think not ,It's what distinguishes clever peeps from thickos (Rocket scientists to aeromodellers). Now then -- Who is this Homer Simpson you mentioned ?

Only the head of the Simpson family, I know it's trues because it say's so on my coffee mug at work.

Only so much in my case Myron , what are we talking about here, kilobytes, gigabytes, terabytes , I'm happy remembering where I left the car keys. or just to bring things into perspective, where I parked the car. Only a couple of weeks ago, I got the buss home from work only to find I'd driven into work, DOOOoooooooooooo. But I can still remember Einsteins general theory of relativity and my birthday .
Also I can still remember Which days  to put the bins out including the recycling bins.

Chris.

Edited By Big Bandit on 16/06/2011 17:23:16

BB
I didn't realise you knew all about the creatures that existed millions of years ago - terabites etc

You must be even older than I thought . I don't remember my birth day ( only the date) .I was born long before my brain started to make me forgetful if I remember rightly ?
Don't mention relatively -Never worked for me!

Posted by Big Bandit on 16/06/2011 17:30:07:
Posted by Myron Beaumont on 16/06/2011 14:46:26:
.All the sheep are bald now .That local chap I mentioned on an earlier page ( no ?) has been and pinched their woolly coats .(65 p per sheep ! I've just been told )

Myron,

Check your dog .

Chris.

myron 65p ....you've been fleeced!....

ken anderson ne...1.