Grumpy's thought for the day

Myron Beaumont

If no-one objects,I thought I might post a "thought for the day" each day for us old'uns . Please feel free to contribute .
To start with,here are two-

When I was young,the Dead Sea was still alive!

Retirement is the period when you exchange the notes in your wallet for snapshots of your grandchildren & vintage models you built.

More tomorrow ?
Grumpy Myron

When I was young a railway station was always a railway station not a 'train station'

A chip was made out of potatoes.....

Windows were things you could see through and kept the damp out.

A mouse was a rodent.

Trainers were people, not glorified plimsolls................................

Bread was............bread. Not slices of something fluffy wrapped in plastic!

I thought that this was supposed to be reserved for grumps.
Too much cheerfulness here for a genuine grumpation.
Try this for size
One of the things which annoys me is an unneccesary diminutive.
Like if you are flying one, and the the ungodly are attempting to harm you for real, you can call your Spitfire anything you like in my book. Otherwise it's Spitfire, not "spit" or - god forbid, but its there - "spitty". Try *h**** , foolish person.
Now that I have started, I will get a few more off my chest.
Fuselage is a word with a long history, so "fus", "fuz" or "fuss" (O yes it's there) looks and sounds silly to me (allows space for disagreement - this thread could run)
Whilst I am up and running, "tail feathers" might have seemed clever and witty at one time, but is now incredibly banal.
Also, the phrase "like a homesick angel" is also well past its sell by date.
I would like to describe this as an oxymoron, but I am not sure what this means - sounds good though.
Now stop looking at your computer and go forth and commit aeromodelling, despite the gusty conditions - you can always use the wreckage to build a model b**t.

To paraphrase the legendary grumpy old man, Alf Garnett, "I'm going down the club!"

(I've got 2 foamy 3Ds so that should give me at least 2 flights....)

Could someone call the Electricity Generating Board and ask them nicely to turn off all those wind farms that are producing wind so efficiently - I'm sure they've made a small technical error and the grid is driving them instead of the other way round. We never had this much wind before they started building them!

I think you need to stop worrying about such petty things, and get out flying more Terry.
Flew my Spit today, my bud carried it for me, and near damn broke the tail feathers off, and crushed the fus sides as he lobbed it in the back of the car.
Also flew the little F18 Hornet - went up like a homesick angel on its 4s pack