Grumpy's thought for the day

Myron Beaumont

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
When you go to the dentist in your youth with toothache, you have to show the dentist which one hurts. (Then he hits it with his little hammer and says 'does that hurt !!!!)

When you go to the dentist later in life with toothache he knows exactly where it is because it is the only one left in there.

• 2 months later...
I saw this thread again and it just fit the bill.
I had a very nice afternoon at the local strip and took my four year old along. She happily flew on the buddy box and threw my glider around like it had been stolen. All happy so far....
Anyhow, the gripe is: I managed to leave a lipo at the field and returned just after five to collect it. The route to the field is down a number of country lanes and unusually; I was travelling them at "rush hour".
I eventually gave up shouting at city slicker types in four wheel drives who came careering round the corner, forcing me into the hedge and damn near into a ditch as well. The chief offenders were those driving the big Volvo 4x4's.
Next time I'll wear a crash helmet.
There, I feel better now. Nurse; you can remove the restraints.

OH yes! Our local lanes are full of that sort. Not just at rush hour but all the time.

My own pet hate. In the famous village of Cavendish there is a beautiful green Every Sunday people come from far and wide. There is alsmost always someone parked on a blind bend on the green. The number of times I have strated trying to go past and have a car some the ther way.

I have taken to stopping and making a production out of taking their photographs.

Maybe I will post some of their photos here,

School mums. When I go out through the village at 9 they are all round the school and pull out in front of one without looking.

I had a Reliant in those days and I fitted high powered wind tone horns. That didn't just stop them...It put them back up the side road or put the pedestrians back on the pavement.

They were also very useful in Long Melford. That village is notorious for the local "upper classes" indicating left and suddenly going right and backing out without looking.

And on a more serious note. One of our members was driving down a dual carriageway and over taking a car when an elderly gentleman and his grandson pulled out of a junction right to cross the carriageway in front of him.

Our member will be in hospital for at least two months. The police said he would have been killed if he had not been in Audi.

The other two were not in an Audi

Edited By Peter Miller on 27/09/2011 18:31:04

Grumpy back again
I get my own back now on our country lanes to go to Scarborough to get shopping /beer.
As some of you might know,I have a campervan/travelling hangar AND I now know the 6 mile route pretty well .It's not the narrowest of vehicles through woods etcwith a few passing points AND like Peter I have two horns ,The normal one & a pair of air horns .You see -They think I'm on holiday -Wrong! By Jove,they don't half get out the way quick if they've done their usual high speed corner cutting .They don't want to argue with proper bumpers. The locals know me of course and we give each other a pleasant wave and give way On the tractor ---NO probs.
By the way,I think I;m going mad 'cos I've just started building the TopFlite Spitfire MK1X & I prefer building to flying what I've already built for this "summer". I have about 12 flying capable models in the spare bedroom all ready to go and loads ot Txs to control them all with Rxs and servos & batteries for them all .I have been somewhat restricted by a few operations etc
Am I the only one ? The Spit (gold edition) is one hell of a builders' build by the way .Just look up the website .
And there are a couple or so pictures on my album (tailplane)update along with the version of Jitterbugs front end .Yet to manage posting photos on a thread.

Edited By Myron Beaumont on 27/09/2011 19:37:43