EBay Ads by Forum Members

Courier collection is very secure

Have your box ready, and the Driver will put a Barcoded, Collection Address, and Delivery Address sticker on the box

This is Scanned and you sign it, and are given a tracking number

If it is a Big Name Courier

You can now track this and see it Online

Edited By Denis Watkins on 27/01/2019 08:02:13

I can see now in your well set out listing, No Courier Collection

Swing that statement onto a line of its own

At the beginning of your Collection Only Statement

Your Listing is packed with all the useful information, and in the excitement they must think they will get their own way

NO COURIER COLLECTION

On a line of its own

I use courier services for a small business that I run, 6ft boxes are excepted by quite a few that’s how shops do it! In any case, it’s not your problem as that’s down to the purchaser. If you’re concerned about timing for collections state that courier collections must be timed ones. All of these make it far easier for selling. Alternatively you could always arrange for a courier (at the purchaser’s cost) as this also makes your sale item much more attractive.

TBH If I see a ‘no courier collection’ line on an item I dismiss it, the seller then loses a potential sale.

At the end of the day it boils down to how much do you want to sell the item.

Posted by Denis Watkins on 27/01/2019 08:39:43:

I can see now in your well set out listing, No Courier Collection

Swing that statement onto a line of its own

At the beginning of your Collection Only Statement

Your Listing is packed with all the useful information, and in the excitement they must think they will get their own way

NO COURIER COLLECTION

On a line of its own

Done.

In your listing you've stipulated that payment must be by "gift" so that the "seller receives the full amount".

Thought this was a breach of ebay policy, need to check, but I remember that you cannot say gift on an auction style listing.

As it's collection only, and the buyer will have to pay, best thing is remove the statement and add "payment on collection". or leave it blank...

Edited By Paul Marsh on 27/01/2019 09:43:27

Posted by Ron Gray on 27/01/2019 09:32:25:

I use courier services for a small business that I run, 6ft boxes are excepted by quite a few that’s how shops do it! In any case, it’s not your problem as that’s down to the purchaser. If you’re concerned about timing for collections state that courier collections must be timed ones. All of these make it far easier for selling. Alternatively you could always arrange for a courier (at the purchaser’s cost) as this also makes your sale item much more attractive.

TBH If I see a ‘no courier collection’ line on an item I dismiss it, the seller then loses a potential sale.

At the end of the day it boils down to how much do you want to sell the item.

I will explain a little more, we live in a retirement apartment in a block of 50, on the second floor. If you put our address into a sat nav, it directs you to the rear of the block where there is no entrance. Only last week I was expecting a delivery from DPD, I was watching it count down on their tracker. When it got to the time of delivery, my phone rang, it was a text from DPD, SORRY YOU WERE OUT RING THIS NUMBER TO RE-ARRANGE DELIVERY. With steam coming out of my ears, I picked up the phone to ring DPD when the intercom buzzerwent off, I answered the intercom, it was DPD. I went down in the lift, the driver was stood there with my parcel, I showed him the text message, "Oh yes", he said, "the sat nav directed me to the back, it was only when I was setting off for the next drop, I saw the sign for your apartments" (the sign is 8ft w x 2ft H). Our address is on the main road from Southport to Preston, I always put the number of the road in our address as well as the building name, I also advise companies, where possible to put the road number of the property, i've even emailed TomTom with the error, we've lived here 3 years, & still it goes on. That's my last thought on the matter. NO COURIER COLLECTION.wink

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 28/01/2019 19:22:17

Posted by Paul Marsh on 27/01/2019 09:42:56:

In your listing you've stipulated that payment must be by "gift" so that the "seller receives the full amount".

Thought this was a breach of ebay policy, need to check, but I remember that you cannot say gift on an auction style listing.

It's not AUCTION STYLE, it's BUY NOW.

Just to clarify the point about Paypal & my payment requirements. I tried to place the add with the Paypal box un-ticked, Ebay wouldn't accept it & kept throwing up error messages. The only way I could place the add was to tick the PP box. I don't want payment by Paypal, I want cash on collection, but this was the only way Ebay would accept the add. I hope this satisfies all the people giving their opinions, facts are facts.

Posted by leccyflyer on 27/01/2019 12:16:08:

You can offer cash on collection, but you must also offer Paypal, and can't apply a surcharge or discourage a buyer from using Paypal. That's eBay's policy.

**LINK**

The buyer can agree to cash on collection, but they are not compelled to.

From Ebay's Paypal policy.

There's only one exception: Sellers who offer payment on collection may include the following statement in their listings: 'Contact me for payment methods for paying on collection.'

My add

pp policy.jpg

Edited By Stearman65 on 27/01/2019 12:44:58

Just shows you even the smallest indiscretion gets you in "trouble" on ebay. I put some old futaba receivers for £1 each and they all got taken off because I mentioned that for example "the" Futaba receivers won't work with JR Xtals. The reason stated that I can't put two named brands into a listing, although I've seen listing saying "Futaba Receiver, not JR, Hitec" and not been taken off.#

Sometimes I don't know if it's worth it...

Edited By Paul Marsh on 27/01/2019 21:24:34

Posted by Paul Marsh on 27/01/2019 21:24:05:

Just shows you even the smallest indiscretion gets you in "trouble" on ebay. I put some old futaba receivers for £1 each and they all got taken off because I mentioned that for example "the" Futaba receivers won't work with JR Xtals. The reason stated that I can't put two named brands into a listing, although I've seen listing saying "Futaba Receiver, not JR, Hitec" and not been taken off.#

If EBAY allow it to be listed, which they did, the only way they would do what they did would be for someone to complain, if that was the case I've a good idea who did!

Posted by Stearman65 on 28/01/2019 12:50:54:
Posted by Paul Marsh on 27/01/2019 21:24:05:

If EBAY allow it to be listed, which they did, the only way they would do what they did would be for someone to complain, if that was the case I've a good idea who did!

?? Lost me, or are you being coy and secretive. Tell all.

Posted by Ron Gray on 28/01/2019 13:38:55:

Me too! But from what you’ve posted above plus what was highlighted about saying PayPal gift payments, it doesn’t surprise me.

How come they allowed the listing, then pulled two days later & refunded my payment. Smells to me especially after the first listing debacle.

Posted by Nigel R on 28/01/2019 15:20:40:

Who knows, but, eBay has a user forum, you might get a better answer there.

Doubt it, I asked the question, "does a person who pays by Friends & Family get PP protection", first answer, "So we don't keep you waiting for an answer, check the following.......". which just gives you the runaround. So I asked again, same reply. Eventually they may actually answer the question asked, must have some politicians in their Q & A dept.

no

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...