Inland Revenue Warning

Wiltshire Flyer

Hello chaps, i know that Terence fell foul of the UPS virus a while back, well i have recieved a notification proporting to be from the I.R.S

It said that the spouse of the main tax payer had not filled out the corrrect details required etc...

I do not nor have i ever completed my own tax returns, it has 2 files attached.

Could be a mistake on I.R.S's part but unlikely, just a heads up.

Advert

Why would anybody in the UK believe that a notice from the IRS was genuine?
The "IRS" is the US tax collection service.
In the UK it's "HM Revenue & Customs" that comes after us for taxes.
A long time ago it used to be called the "Inland Revenue" but the "S" on the end is an American thing.

Its that thing I had come up on the screen about the thread as I tried to post the message Tim, it stopped me posting I thought and as nothing showed at the time I tried to post the message again.
Not sure what will happen this time.........

This is what I got if it ever gets to the screen.........

Thread

Sorry, but you need to pass a thread id into this page.

There is currently a tax credit one going round from the "Inland Revenue" but if you look at what the link is to it's a plain IP address and if you do a reverse DNS lookup it shows that it's an IP address in Germany. One assumes that the IR would have their website in the UK Actually it's worse than that the IP address is followed by a /forum/ domain which suggests the phisher has hacked a PHP forum website flaw.

I'm always wary if the link is to an IP address. It usually means the phisher knows that if they put the domain name people would spot it's not what it's supposed to be!

Ah, but this one just in has to genuine right
Good day we are from the ( PUBLISHER'S CLEARING HOUSE) and to inform you
that your email adress just won you One Milliom dollars (1,000,000.00 USD)
In Cash/ Check credicted to file Number Uk /5678/t85. In the week
Publisher Clearing House lottery Bonanza, winner you are to contact our
fiduciary Agent incharge.

Please note that if you are not the owner of this email don't responed to
this mail .Thanks.

Agent: Mr. Collins Van Paul
Email: [email protected]

You are required to send the information below to process your claims.

Full name:
Address:
Sex:
Nationality:
Present Country:

Sincerely
Mrs.Reyna Cruz
Online Co-Ordinator
Publisher's Clearing House.

This request is similar to a posting titled Suspect. It involved r6dan, and a Nigerian girl and lots of money. He was going to see it through to the end but he never let us know the outcome; or has it paid off and now r6dan, lives a life of luxury ?? Eric.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, I have just been offered 3 million dollars. Now there is a trusting soul. What a pity that I am not!

Hello Dear, I need your assistance. My name is SGT. Marcus R. Alford and I'm with the Engineering unit here in Ba'qubah in Iraq for the United States. I have about 9.5 million US dollars that I want to move out of the country. I need a good partner, someone I can trust to actualize this venture. The money is from oil deal and legal. But I am moving it by diplomatic means to your house directly or a safe and secured location of your choice using diplomat. But can I trust you? Once the funds get to you, you take your 30% out and keep 70% until i come to meet with you. Your part of this deal is to find a safe place where the funds can be sent to. Mine is sending it to you. If you are interested reply and I will give you more details. Urgently awaiting your response. SGT. Marcus R. Alford

Edited By Peter Miller on 30/06/2011 19:26:31

Given that the Iraqi government are now looking for $18bn dollars, siphoned off from oil sales, etc, since 2003, they might want to have a chat with Sgt. Alford............

If you don't fancy being buried up to your neck in sand (or worse), Peter, I'd steer clear of this one!

Pete

Edited By Pete B on 30/06/2011 20:16:40