Pics from your free RCME plan build

Ton van Munsteren

Advert

Here's a few of my latest free plan build. Sharkface. And in one or two of the pics you can see a couple of other free plan models too, Ton... you can just see the front of my Red Eagle fuselage propped against the wall at the back of the bench, and on the other side of the bench is my Cartoon Cutlass.. Double Whammy:-.... two threads covered in one post!.. LOL.

shark1.jpg

shark3.jpg

shark2.jpg

shark4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd put a couple of pics up now that my sleeker is finished. Just waiting on its maiden now. Very pleased with the end result considering it is my first ever build from plan. Thanks RCM&E, thoroughly enjoyed the whole process and once I get my Phoenix evolution built and flying I'll be back to build another free plan. Ton's Red Eagle is at the top of the list.

imgp1880.jpg

imgp1881.jpg

imgp1882.jpg

TP

Edited By Tipsy Pilot on 20/04/2017 09:47:13

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Think we are still missing a lot of nice pics of models which are build from RCM&E free plans.

Why not post them here I would love to see as many as possible and its good for the motivation of the designers.

Check out this pic from Saturday at our club field and spot the RCM&E free plan models.

rcme models.jpg

re formation.jpg

Ton

Posted by Dwain Dibley. on 01/05/2017 21:00:09:

That is very smart Ton, I can't resist her ( Resistor ??) Do you see what I did there...gotta be off Ohm now....

what ??????????.....it's a reference to the wing........You still don't get it ??????? ................You guys............!!

D.D.

I'm with you colour codes

Sleeker update.

Quick note on my Sleeker maiden yesterday. 😁😁 I'll be smiling for weeks. A little bit of trim adjustment to get the dive glide right and it is a thoroughly lovely plane to fly. She is definitely a V12 powered rocket ship and a bit of a hooligan machine (understatement) but so much fun and easy to handle. No nasty surprises at all.

The addition of ailerons has I think made rolls really snappy, the additional length on the wing makes it glide a little better I think and leaving a bit of dihedral in makes it gently return to flat attitude making landing very relaxed. Experimented a little with inverted flight which was fine with a reasonable dose of down elevator to hold it.

Couldn't be happier with the outcome given it was my first plan build and it flew so nicely first up.

Thank you David for a lovely machine. Red Eagle next. 😁

TP

• 4 weeks later...

img_1225.jpgimg_1224.jpg

I thought I would show off the bare bones of my latest build, a 150% enlarged and slightly tweaked rendition of Peter Miller's Tequila Sunrise. I'm building it as recuperation after the long build and quick re-kit of my Peter Rake Bristol M1c! - hopefully it'll last longer!

Ken

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...