frsky tranny rumour?

iawnski

hi i have heard a rumour that frsky are bringing out a radio to go with the frsky rx,has anyone else heard anything ,i have been in touch with frsky and they have asked were i got this info from, but did not comit to saying yes or no if there was one in the pipeline ,do you no diffrent?

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread but I am wondering if we will ever get to see a Frsky transmitter. I have searched for Frsky threads and I have followed as many threads as possible to maintain my interest (that's how I found this one!) because I am an ardent fan of Frsky receivers and tx modules, both the plug in and the DIY.

I saw a very recent posting telling me that the launch of the new Frsky tx was still about 2 months away and I have been told this so many times that I almost disbelieve its existence, it is always 2 to 3 months away, so....... to my question if it is permitted on this thread.

Currently I have an FF8 converted to 2.4 using a Frsky plug in module. Absolutely solid and I have used it for about 2 years now. No problems. In the event that I get fed up with waiting much longer for the Frsky one to appear what is the best Futaba transmitter, new, that I should buy that will take a Frsky 2.4 modification, hard wired or whatever. ( not the most expensive one though please). I have now got so many Frsky receivers that I would be loathe to have to change and in my eyes Frsky have proved themselves time and time again so I will stay with them.

dbflyer

• 3 months later...

Yes, that new FrSky tx will be on the shelves next month, so they tell me. I managed to find the info on their website and it looks an amazing device... more memories that you could dream of and it'll do everything short of making the tea and charging your lipos.

It'll take you many minutes to run thru the specs.......for me it just looks too complex, but if you've got a PhD in electronics it'll suit you down to the ground. Complete with case, charger and strap all for £139.............amazing.

That Looks VERY Interesting!

I've currently got a Futaba 6EX on 2.4 and a couple of Futaba recievers, having got fed up with paying through the nose for the Futaba gear I thought i'd take a punt on an FrSky 8 channel rx for about 1/3 of the cost! All I can say is that I'm Very Happy with the bind procedure & range being at least as good!

When I upgrade my Tx (which may be this year as I've decided to take up slope soaring) to something a bit more capable I think it maybe for one of these! It'll talk to most Rx's, has more model memories than I'll Ever need and looks like it can be programmed to do ANYTHING you can imagine!

I May never need another transmitter if I get myself one of these!

I can see this hitting the other manufacturers quite hard IF the Quality and Support are what we would all hope for!

And with T9 on the case I can't see that being a problem!

CB

Edited By chris basson on 27/04/2013 14:47:09