Ebay sellers...

Advert

Heck guys, have they been putting something in the water recently, or is it a 'free-listing' weekend on the bay? That's a remarkable selection of stuff you've found today! smile o

(Unless the sellers are all right and I've been negligently throwing away my BMFA News after reading it, and chucking out old model boxes with scraps of balsa in them!)

Well, to be honest I would. Perhaps not upwards of £30, but if a mint glow fuel can were going on ebay then I would be tempted. Why?

It would remind me of trying to start up a frog C/L thing when I was around 7-8 years old with my late father. Poor bloke, he never could get it to run properly! Pure nostalgia, and of course worth every penny the buyer would pay for one!

Posted by Stevo on 23/11/2014 15:14:28:

Well, to be honest I would. Perhaps not upwards of £30, but if a mint glow fuel can were going on ebay then I would be tempted. Why?

It would remind me of trying to start up a frog C/L thing when I was around 7-8 years old with my late father. Poor bloke, he never could get it to run properly! Pure nostalgia, and of course worth every penny the buyer would pay for one!

YEs, well, perhaps, like someone that I remember they had a can of glow fuel and the engine wouldn't start.

Well, it was a diesel.

Mind you, you can run a glow in diesel fuel but not vice versa

Well 40 mins to go and the empty can is still sitting on £31. That's double what I thought was a highly optimistic starting price!

It just shows, all you need is two bidders who have a strange (to the rest of us) idea of the value of an item and up goes the price... I don't imagine there'll be a flurry of last-minute bidding on this one though, unless of course the original bidder comes back with a higher bid at the last moment. dont know

Posted by John Privett on 23/11/2014 17:36:04:
I don't imagine there'll be a flurry of last-minute bidding on this one though, unless of course the original bidder comes back with a higher bid at the last moment. dont know

Well, how wrong can you be... embarrassed

With 6 seconds to go, a third bidder appeared with a bid that beat the second bidder's top bid and the empty can went for THIRTY SIX QUID... Barking, IMHO!

just got a silly offer on a kit am selling , so checked what items the person had for sale this takkes some beating

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traffic-Light-Road-Traffic-control-Lights-Management-Sign-Signs-Road-Works-/131357179825?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&hash=item1e957f7fb1    

Edited By ben goodfellow 1 on 23/11/2014 19:50:34