no mower? this is just the job

Alan Cantwell

Advert

We got so fed up with the rabbits digging holes in our strip that we've laid an Astroturf landing strip. It cost thousands but it stopped Peter Rabbit! Now we've got Brock the Badger digging up the outfield/ bits where I land as I miss the Astroturf.

• 3 years later...
Posted by ChrisB on 09/01/2015 21:27:24:

What mowers do you use at your club?

Can any be recommended?

This does the job very well for us - a Trimax Procut, which replaced a Votex which gave us 15 or so years service, and is far better built. The tractor is a 1968 Massey-Ferguson 135 which was a great investment back in the 1990s.

001.jpg

Before the Votex, (and before my time) we had a set of gang mowers which probably gave a better finish when they were freshly sharpened but were vulnerable to damage and needed regular attention. I suspect that investing in professional quality equipment is well worth it in the long run.

Posted by Martin Harris on 10/01/2015 11:50:37:

This does the job very well for us - a Trimax Procut, which replaced a Votex which gave us 15 or so years service, and is far better built. The tractor is a 1968 Massey-Ferguson 135 which was a great investment back in the 1990s.

001.jpg

Before the Votex, (and before my time) we had a set of gang mowers which probably gave a better finish when they were freshly sharpened but were vulnerable to damage and needed regular attention. I suspect that investing in professional quality equipment is well worth it in the long run.

That's some serious-looking kit you've got there Martin.

Great as long as you've got somewhere on-site to store it. I'm not sure I can see our club chairman driving up to the Downs from his house on a 1968 tractor though! smile o

it looks like Gary needs to go to Specsavers and Dave has been listening to Pink Floyd or watching Dumbo ? However if you try to fit an engine to one of the Brockies especially if it is a Fox glo- motor I am sure it would be quite upset and you would have no chance to fit any wings!---sorry I put the photos of Barry Badger who has a Facebook page into a file labelled 'My Planes'