wrong fuzz? or wrong wing??

Alan Cantwell

Advert

A £150!!! Unbelievable.

Brilliant! "An OS series 5.2" eh - I must try and get one of them - sounds useful.

Also I'm really pleased that he told us "the front propellor is missing" - presumably that implies that the rear one is still OK!

3 servos? Oh, yes of course, the other one is still united with the Tiger Trainer's wing whereever that is...

Pity really - the old Thunder Tiger Trainer's a decent ship - with the right wing, a propellor and 4 servos.

BEB

I'm getting fed up of ebay. Hardly buy anything now, as it's full of rubbish, or silly-priced items selling more than new in the model shop.

The only thing I buy, or seem to get are batteries from Vapextech, and the occasional item, and that's it.

I suppose the "190 one" is ok for bits, as it's a Fly-boy fuz, and only needs a wing, which one could make in a few hours.

As Alan said, if a noob turned up the field with either won item, I would had laughed myself silly!

It is a joke in one sense Paul you're right.

But sadly that Typhoon is not making me laugh quite so much. Yet another of these "I don't know anything about this but...." adverts and in inexperienced hands that thing would be a lethal weapon - an accident waiting to happen.

I get really worried for our future freedom to pursue our hobby without onerous and expensive restrictions when I see this sort of irresponsibility.

BEB

Posted by Paul Marsh on 23/01/2012 22:04:50:

HAHAHAHAHA!

Wotta laff!

Looks like an Extra300l wing. Still it's a good engine, and new they were more than £150. So not too bad -it's no giveaway, but not too ridiculous. The airframe is junk, though.

oh dear...

HAHA!

Edited By Paul Marsh on 23/01/2012 22:12:05

Spot on there Paul, it looks like it was one of those all-plastic Extras from around 1997-98 vintage. I remember in the mag actually although I'm darned if I can remember the manufacturer? It was a very heavy model.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 24/01/2012 06:56:31

Posted by Pete B on 23/01/2012 22:13:22:
I noticed this one last evening. Now, I wonder if you could fit this fuselage to the wing on Alan's example and then we just need an FW190 fuselage and.....

Quote from seller: I am sure though after the appropriate care and attention it will be fine.

Pete

Edited By Pete B on 23/01/2012 22:15:39

Anyone noticed that the Rx aerial is still coiled up on this one? Now that could cause trouble for a novice trying on his sown. Oh well, consider it a safety factor. won't go far enough to cause damage.

• 2 weeks later...