March 2012 Issue Feedback

Seamus O'Leprosy

Advert

Posted by Seamus O'Leprosy on 08/02/2012 19:11:45:
Posted by Tony Jones on 08/02/2012 13:51:43:
Absolutely excellent! This is top quality info from someone who REALLY knows what they are talking about.

Its just a pity I don't

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 08/02/2012 19:26:17

I'm sure you do Seamus. Perhaps I should have started a fresh thread. My comments were about What goes up: BEB's latest feature on propeller theory.

Best wishes.

Full marks to Prof Burton for his technical expertise in 'What goes up'. Sadly, marks have to be deducted for his spelling. The headline reads '...the various affects on flight', when he means 'effects'. Then, a picture caption reads '...incredibly course fixed pitch prop'. Easy to dismiss this as a mere typo, but as it's repeated in another caption, he needs to write one hundred times, 'coarse'. I know, I'm a sad, pedantic old git - but I can't help it!

Edited By Hellcat on 08/02/2012 21:40:23

Posted by Hellcat on 08/02/2012 21:38:52:
Full marks to Prof Burton for his technical expertise in 'What goes up'. Sadly, marks have to be deducted for his spelling. The headline reads '...the various affects on flight', when he means 'effects'. Then, a picture caption reads '...incredibly course fixed pitch prop'. Easy to dismiss this as a mere typo, but as it's repeated in another caption, he needs to write one hundred times, 'coarse'. I know, I'm a sad, pedantic old git - but I can't help it!

Edited By Hellcat on 08/02/2012 21:40:23

Considering just how much sub editing of text that is done it is amazing that these errors are still in the text

I am the worst speller in the world so maybe I am being a touch biased here but I would much rather read a fun, witty engaging or detailed and informative article that has the odd spelling oddity than a dull, dreary, poorly written ill informed fact file, that entertains about as much as opening a can of beans. Yes we would like the best of both worlds but I for one will focus on what I consider to be a well written, logically laid out explanation of what could easily have been a very difficult subject to cover, well done prof, I enjoyed it, spelling mistakes and all, just my honest opinion of coarse