Ask..Peter Miller

Hi, Peter I think I am becoming a Peter Miller groupie , three years ago I built your Feugray [my first ever from a plan] and was delighted it did every thing you said and still gives me a great kick to fly. I have now purchased your Werewolf package but before I start I really want to build the new Turbulent. I know this is coming from Ram Models but will it be in the next couple of weeks or is it going to be longer I can,t get an answer from Ram . As I am now aged 75 I am not one for the waiting game ,can you help? Regards David

Hi David.

Don't hold your breath on the Turbulent. The owner of RAM models is just having the wood cut I believe but is not sure if he should wait until he has a range of kits.

I am currently working on his next model.

Basically I can say build the Werewolf, you will probably have it finsihed long before the Turbulent hits the market.

I will send him a ccomment and link to this thread.

Hello David,

I am Mr RAM Models for want of a better title. Peter kindly sent me an email me this evening pointing me to your comments.

Firstly apologies for not getting back to you. We experienced a problem with our email server (please don't ask for further details as I am not computer minded at all) and it appears that we may have "lost" some emails.

We were originally looking to have the Turbulent released during February, however time spans have slipped slightly due to working on getting a couple of our other products released.

As Peter said we are now looking at getting the wood cut and as soon as I have delivery dates back from our chosen company I will post details here.

We also produce our own range of walkaround Cd's for modellers and I have been granted access to a full-size Turbulent to photograph and it will be an addition to our range in coming weeks. It might be an aid for people in adding some extra detail here and there, just remember to keep it light

David (or indeed anyone else), if you want to be kept up to date please drop me a PM or an email and we will add you to the mailing list to advise of what is happening with the Turbulent and other planned releases.

We are a small company that has just set up. Our core business is at present for the plastic modeller. However we have some exciting R/C designs lined up for release as plans & plan packs over the next 18 months from a number of recognised designers. Watch this space as they say.

Regards Martin

www.rammodels.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Hi Peter, I am starting to build the werewolf as you suggested earlier, being a bit lazy I purchased the pack of lazer precut parts from RCM&E when I opened the pack there was no F1 former, on examining the parts list I discovered it is not even listed as this is the main former it seems a bit odd not to include it in what is described as a complete set for £125.42. Perhaps you can have a word with the powers that be.Incidently the lazer cutting is OK but it does not compare with Stevens Aero USA or Sequoia Greenfinch which are on a different planet. I have managed to obtain your new Turbulent plans from Martin at Ram Models so as you can see I am pretty busy. Kind Regards David

Apparently Dave has bought a copy of the plan from RAM Models. Not sure when the kit will be available. The owner has been on holiday for three weeks.

I had a word with SLEC about the missing former on Werewolf.. they are looking into it. No one else has complained.

Edited By Peter Miller on 02/05/2012 11:39:34

It might be a good idea. The chap who does the cutting only has a list of parts. No illustrations as far as I know.

You pictures could even be supplied by My Hobbystore.

I just send the plan to RCM&E and they take if from there.

I do not even send my plan to SLEC because the final result in the magazine can be a bit differetn from my original.

Don't ask!!!

• 1 month later...

Peter

Do you perhaps remember what airfoil section you used for the "size zero" model?

I am redrawing some parts in AutoCAD with a view to making them on my new laser

machine as the trial cut examples.

Something better than TLAB perhaps?

Thanks

Tony Aimer

Johannesburg

Tony, Could well be 3314. They are all much the same when you get down to the smaller sizes. I just make sure that they are flat bottomed from the spar back to the T.E.

By stteing them at truue 0 degrees incidence they work like symetrical sections.

BB crunch,

I think I said that I had" farmed out one or two of my plans and provided the materials.".

What happens is that I have done this, then I can take the necessary photos during contsruction and in flight and do the article.

I also said that I gave up on this after one person took 3 years to complete the model.

Peter

My laser machine will accept DXF files. Have had a discussion with a friend who already has

his up and running and I intend to use autocad / sheetcam for nesting / export DXF to machne

as my probable workflow. Still new to this stuf though except for Autocad whih I have been using

for 25 years. Shock and horror1! started with v2.62 I think.

Tony

Only a pleasure but there is only one teeny weeny snag!

I am in Johannesburg not the UK!

I will be visiting the UK for the ME exhibition in late Oct - 9 November.

I shall visit my son in Derby and my daughter in London.

If you are not too far north I could pop in to say hello.

my e-mail is tonyATaimer.co.za

Tony Aimer

• 4 weeks later...