The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

Well, having had my account 're-activated' still no magazines.

No sign of the replacement ones for the ones not delivered, and no sign of the new ones which should have arrived since. I really hope I can get this sorted as I go away for 2 weeks soon,and would like some reading material. If I don't get the magazines I've paid for I will be very unhappy.

Attempted to call through but after 5 minutes on hold to an 0844 number I've given up for now.

I have subscribed to digital and print but when I try to access the digital archive it says I have print only subscription.
The confirmation email I received says I should have immediate access.
Is this correct or should I expect a delay?
Thanks.

Hi Kris.

In theory I think that you ought to be able to access the digital archive immediately.

If you read from the top of this page you'll see that I took out the same subscription nearly a year ago. I only found out at the beginning of this month that my subscription had been registered internally as print - only - despite the fact that my subscriber number let me register with Pocketmags to get the downloadable versions.

It's taken me nearly three weeks so far to get anywhere near a resolution (and still not there yet it seems!) so I wouldn't hold your breath.

The Editor (David Ashby) always offers to help out with problems like this if you don't get any joy with the subscription department. I suggest an e-mail and/or a phone call to them first. If you don't get through/any response or get no joy, post an update here and send a pm to David.

You may have a long wait Kris. I'd pm David A (Editor). His details are visible in an earlier post on this page. I suspect that he might be tearing his hair out with them too!

Whilst I now have access to the on-line archive and my account details viewable via www.subscriptions.co.uk/email showing my subscription as print and digital, I've just had a renewal reminder saying that I'm print only. Hopefully just bad timing on the renewal note side.

What's not so good though is my subscription renewal date showing no sign of the three month extension I was promised and no response to a query e-mail I sent.

Customer service there seems non-existent - via e-mail anyway.

I agree Nigel, it's possibly the worst customer service I've encountered.
As much as I don't want to bother David with this I think I may have to.
I really need access to the archives for the article on building the panther autogyro so I can make a start on building it.

It keeps on getting better....

On Monday I dropped a note via the form in the account area of www.subcriptions.co.uk/email asking for the promised details of what had gone wrong and confirmation that I'd got another three months subscription - as nothing was showing on my account.

So far no response (as per norm) BUT, I did get the following pearler to a (polite) follow-up note I'd sent 6 days ago:

Dear Nigel,

Thank you for your email.

May I firstly sincerely apologise for the problems you have experienced and I would like to assure you that it is not the normal service we wish to portray,

I can confirm that you can set up your access to the digital editions via the below website:

**LINK**

Kind Regards,

(Support person's name here)

They've obviously not read previous e-mails - and/or don't have access to ones sent to other parts of RCM&E/MyTimeMedia. I particularly liked the bit "and I would like to assure you that it is not the normal service we wish to portray,"angry

Sorry, not sure if this is where this should be posted or not but could not find "Subscriber Queries" or the like.

I am trying to access past issues but am shunted to a page that declares this to be subscriber access only. As it turns out I AM a subscriber but figured I may have gotten lost in the recent reorganization of overseas (North America) distribution.

The page had a link to enter my subscriber number in my profile so I selected that. Once there I note that I HAVE a subscriber number entered there and it says my subscription is good through 30/09/2014...not yet upon us. Further, I re-upped over a month ago (perhaps 6 weeks?) with a different subscriber number so I entered that. Did not change the date, did not gain me access to the subscriber content.  My new subscription should not lapse for another full year yet.

Many thanks for assistance.

Scott

ps. What I'm trying to access online is the June, 2012 issue....what was the free plan that month? I seem to be missing that issue for some unknown reason and (of course) the May, 2012 plan has some parts carried over onto that plan. SS

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 04/09/2014 08:49:52

• 2 weeks later...

October edition arrived last week. No improvement in service,it seems pointless emailing MTM direct. All I get is an automated reply and nothing else.

For several years I received the mag here in Spain within days of it being in the shops in the UK. Then something changed!

Will someone please tell me :-

1) What was wrong with the original service causing it to be changed?

2) How about am apology and information on what is being done to improve matters?

3) How about a mention in the mag editorial? You could find out how many other subscribers are getting the same abysmal level of service by setting up poll on the website.

Nick, count yourself lucky my October issue hasn't arrived yet. Last month, after a lot of complaining, the magazine arrived at its usual time, but now the system's gone wrong again. I get other mags on subscription from the UK, no problems ever, they are always in my mailbox about three days after English subscribers get theirs.

I certainly think the editors should start letting the publishers no that they need to get their act together.

Paul.

I have found that in some of my downloads there is a page or two missing and in some cases the magazine fails to download any readable pages.

I have a Nexus Tablet - can anyone advise how I reset the app without losing all my successfully downloaded magazines so I can redownload the problem issues

Thanks

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 25/09/2014 16:50:39

I have a renewal email and I followed the supplied link thinking I might compare the cost of renewing with changing to digital only. Surprise! There is no option to change your subscription type, and the 'subscribe' link from this site seems to concentrate on quarterly direct debits. Am I overlooking some link stating the costs of each option clearly? Otherwise isn't this a bit of a faux pas business wise?

I thought that I ought to post an update, in the spirit of fairness.

I DID hear back in the end. A very nice lady called Kate (Katherine) e-mailed me with an explanation and apology. She's promised to have a teach-in with the customer services people there. She also made sure that all of my problems were fully fixed.

I'm not sure that she can do anything about the outsourced subscription mechanism but at least RCM&E seem to care.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this a record for bad service?

I emailed MTM on 10/10 about continual late deliveries of the mag.

As of today (apart from a response on the 20/10 saying my query had been "actioned" I have heard nothing and the mags are still received late.

This is absolutely intolerabe and I will be asking a friend in the UK to buy the mag and post it to me when my subscription expires next year.

So no renewal from me

Posted by Steve Adams on 29/10/2014 19:22:22:

Hi all,

It's probably been asked before but my subscription is up for renewal if I re new will I still get the subscription gift,or is it better to take out a new subscription?

Your help is very appreciated

Kind Regards

Steve smiley

Steve

I have just renewed my subscription (whilst I have issues with the whole set up, it is the only RC magazine I can tolerate) and according to the receipt, I will also receive the free gift. If this turns out as they promise, it looks like they have listened to our concerns/moans.

I don't actually care about a free gift, I just object to this modern trend of treating loyal customers badly................. hang on I just need to go over to the "have a rant" thread!