The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

ref subs problem. went to the magazine thread today and saw in red a reminder that my renewal is due 13 days time. I had the the 1st 3 mags for £1 and set up the direct debit. The promotion shows that future issues will be £3.15 each thereafter payable quarterly Which =£9.45 (3 months) however order confirmation shows £12.75 / quarter. the maths dont seem to add up.

2nd point, tried phoning the no. for subs 0844 543 820 to sort this out but the number doesnt exist

Why do I have to renew my subscription when the contract was for 12 months payable direct debit quarterly? Isnt this done automatically through my contract? If I hadnt gone to the magazine site I would never had known about this and maybe the d/debit would have come out and I wouldnt have received my magazine or had access to online digital.

If these points could be cleared up And someone email/phone me to let me know where I stand I would be very grateful many thanks keith payne.

• 1 month later...

Getting seriously brassed off now, I posted on here about the msiing issue, but it's either not been read or it's been ignored; I also emailed the subscription department 2 days ago; despite their promise to respond within 2 days, I've heard nothing. IMO this is a very poor way to run a subscription service no

Edited By Martin Whybrow on 18/06/2015 21:40:31

Seem to have been dropped off the delivery list, not had a issue since the May one?

My subscription doesn't run out until the 21/01/16, #1029118016, have tried to email the subscription department but get an error message making the email undeliverable. any help appreciated. JJ

Keeping busy building the Wagtail

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Steven Shaw on 13/07/2015 19:59:28:

Hi - I also live in Canada and was wondering if there are any plans to make a pdf version [at a reasonable cost] available for us digital subscribers.

The free plan that is. If I see a plan I like in my digital edition it takes about 3 months for the magazine to appear in the local bookshops before I can buy it.

@Pete B,

Hopefully I'm not on dangerous copyright ground here, but here's my thinking....

The free paper plan in the middle of the mag has some drawbacks.

1) It's tightly machine folded so it's basically impossible to get flat on the build table.

2) Most people don't want to build on the original plan anyway, they want to build on a copy. Keep the original in your archive for future reference etc...

3) Because of 1) the original folded plan does not copy well. Many misalignments and shadows on the working copies.

Supplying a PDF version would solve all these problems. Original folding plan could go in the archive. Take the PDF file to Staples and they will print you a nice clean flat working copy.

If RCM&E hold the rights to publish the plan then surely they can publish it in a useful, portable and compatible format like PDF...?

Just my thoughts... Does anyone agree?

Yes I agree, I learn a lot from studying the plans I got in the magazines I purchased last year, before becoming a digital subscriber to this one. I'm scratch building my first RC airplane, a "Volksplane" from a John Blakey free plan in the march 2014 issue of 'Quiet & Electric Flight" It had almost no build article and the plans left off some details that I was able to work out from other plans and from reading all of Peter Lowes columns in the digital archive. The plan was 2 sided and sharply creased so the first thing I had to do was take it to Staples and get it copied. I'm sure I would have gotten a better copy if I had been able to just hand them a USB stick with the plan on it.

• 2 weeks later...

My August issue did not turn up phoned on Sat 18th they said they would send one out, still no issue, phoned again just been told they have run out and added an extra month to my sub but did not bother telling me thanks a lot!

What they gona do toss the extra issue into into my grave when I die.

I though being a subscriber was meant to mean I never missed a copy?

I did my part paid by DD for years have had cancelled subs and all sorts of problems.

Not good not good at all

Posted by ColdLazerus on 27/07/2015 10:48:02:

My August issue did not turn up phoned on Sat 18th they said they would send one out, still no issue, phoned again just been told they have run out and added an extra month to my sub but did not bother telling me thanks a lot!

What they gona do toss the extra issue into into my grave when I die.

I though being a subscriber was meant to mean I never missed a copy?

I did my part paid by DD for years have had cancelled subs and all sorts of problems.

Not good not good at all

Hmm, yes that's annoying. We still have some copies in the office though so drop me a PM with your address (I don't have access to the subs database) and I'll get one out to you.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 01/08/2015 20:28:48