The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

Beth, almost missed out renewing my subscription because I never received a renewal notice as I have in every previous year! It may have got lost in the mail somewhere on its trip around the world but I would be surprised if that was case. Are they still being sent out to the Antipodes (Southern NZ)?

Also I did find the renewal process bit of a minefield & confusing but now relieved I have it sorted.

Hi Beth

I received a mail from Holly Wykes (Customer Service) saying that the January issue would be posted to me and will be with me in Dubai within 7 to 10 days (that was 10 days ago today), still not arrived but will hang on a while longer. In the meantime I have been informed that the February mag has arrived (I am in Muscat, Oman at the moment) and will collect that upon my return to Dubai later this month.

Seems as though things go awry on renewing subscriptions as I also had "issues" with the website renewal process and was fortunately in the UK towards the end of October and renewed by phone.

Best wishes and hope the renewal process is easier later this year, keep up the good work on the magazine, it is the best out there in my opinion.

I don’t believe there is a renewal process. I am a digital only subscriber and it took me over 2 months and several emails to get back onto the subscriber list. There is no place in the online system where I could enter my subscription number and when everything was finally sorted I ended up with a new subscriber number. It was a most frustrating experience.

Hi all,

Around a month or so before your subscription is due for renewal you should receive a letter in the post saying as much. I'm sorry to hear you have had such difficulty in getting a renewal, that is not what we want!

I will speak to the subs department and see if there is anything in the future we can do to make it easier.

In regards to the time scale of it arriving in Dubai, I know that on MyHobbyStore we ask to allow 2 - 3 weeks for delivery, it may not be the same for the subs dept but I would give it a few more days just in case.

They are very good at responding to emails but you could always try giving them a call in order to renew... occasionally it can be easier to speak to someone directly.

Hope this helps!

Beth

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i set up with you a subscription for 3 rcme mags at £1.00 each then it would go back to normal price, you have set it up in our bank but as yet nothing has come,my husband is very dissapointed can you tell me what s going on kind regards Martin cooper from bristol

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 04/03/2016 15:58:29

• 2 weeks later...

Winge and whine. Got an e mail to renew digital subscription. Tried to renew. Enter subscriber number, pasted, enter e mail address, done, enter password, and the stupid site says I have got one wrong, or invalid format, but does not give a clue as to which one, and in any case I have not made an error, or had a senile moment. Ended up phoning. At my expense, from France.

At this point I am fed up. I thought seriously about not renewing. Same problem next year, won't happen, I am gone.

Please no, we are sorry about.....blah blah, we take customer .....seriously, blah blah. This is fair warning. Rant over

Posted by Donald Fry on 17/03/2016 17:15:15:

Winge and whine. Got an e mail to renew digital subscription. Tried to renew. Enter subscriber number, pasted, enter e mail address, done, enter password, and the stupid site says I have got one wrong, or invalid format, but does not give a clue as to which one, and in any case I have not made an error, or had a senile moment. Ended up phoning. At my expense, from France.

At this point I am fed up. I thought seriously about not renewing. Same problem next year, won't happen, I am gone.

Please no, we are sorry about.....blah blah, we take customer .....seriously, blah blah. This is fair warning. Rant over

We don't want renewing your magazine to be difficult just as much as you don't Donald. I have contacted our Subscriptions Manager and given her your information and asked that she takes a look into this.

Beth

hi beth, 1st, let me say my nephew loves rcme,( good to learn new english words together ) but i also had a very hard time to renew my subscription. i had two renewal letters and could not get any thing to work on web site with number on rcme letters. i was thinking my english maybe not understand something on web site, so i had a american teacher at my nephew school also try, no luck after 1 1/2 hours of trying. after all that i made a new subscription.( lost discount )

2nd, in dec 2015 i could not open digital subscription with sub. numbers given to me by rcme, emailed you and you got back to me very fast, was told to email sub. dept., i did and got a confirm email they would get back to me. waited 1 month and never heard any back

3rd, last year i filled out survey about late magazine in mail to my country thailand, had thank you email and somebody would followup, never heard anything back. to me magazine is late often ( one month 2 mags came, one month very late, and then 2 mags again. i order back issues of flying scale models, rc flyer, dvd, books, from the uk every month ( 5 to 10 days max to thailand 95% of time reg mail )

anyway this post is only to help rcme understand some small problems many seem to have.

thank you beth for your service here on the forum, ms nongnaphat

ps, iam sorry if not 100% clear, english is not my native language

• 2 months later...

Time for a rant.

I received a letter in the mail a couple weeks ago offering a special rate if I extend my subscription early. The next day I started attempting to take advantage of this offer. It may just be me, but extending an existing subscription SHOULD be about the easiest thing on the planet to accomplish. Not so.

The letter offered a one year and two year rate, I was keen to take advantage of the two year rate...as much as anything to avoid the yearly hassle this has become. One of my options given was to go to a web site, the address for which was given. This re-directed me to another web page that indicated the offer had expired. The letter clearly said I had something like 18 days from receipt.

I sent an e-mail query which was answered in due time by Grace Hawes who apologized for the bother and suggested I call. Well, turns out that since I don't do long distance from home I don't have a long distance carrier, so am unable to call from home. I could not figure out how to make an international call from my cellular phone (that's, of course, on me). She had been insistent that I shouldn't send my CC number via e-mail, but at this point I asked if I couldn't just send it and get the matter taken care of. This process probably consisted of four or so notes back and forth, all answered by Ms. Hawes. She agreed that if I sent the CC number she could get the extension processed. All along there was never a hint of doubt that she would be able to get me taken care of on the special offer.

When I sent the CC number i received a note back, this time from Nicola Reigate, informing me that I would NOT be able to take advantage of the offer, offering instead to extend my subscription at the full (and not insubstantial to the US) rate. Since the e-mails were all "together" as they went back and forth I asked that she refer to Ms. Hawe's messages attached or to, by all means, forward this to Ms. Hawes for attention. She messaged back stating flatly that the offer would not be honored.

Not only is this FAR more effort than one should have to go through to extend a subscription, it smacks of "bait and switch", where I'm lured in with a nice offer but at the last minute am told I'll be paying substantially more.

If someone in your organization can make this work for me I would be happy to provide my CC number content in the knowledge it will be two years before I have to go through this again. Otherwise, this has become far more hassle than it is worth. I like the magazine very much, please don't misunderstand, but it's marginal utility to me has been overshadowed by the run-around and frustration. Much as I don't want to, I'll let the subscription lapse. There are other magazines available that are much more easy to deal with.

Scott Smith

Edited By Scottrik on 26/05/2016 02:27:24

Thanks for your effort Beth...hopefully something can be arranged.

Around the time your message was posted here I received a reply to my last e-mail to the subscriptions people which said pretty much what I said here, that if they couldn't do better than what they've represented that the subscription would be allowed to lapse.

The note is headed "subscription cancellation" and that a cancellation "per my request" had been entered and my last issue would be the September 2016 issue. Not at all the action I'd requested, and interestingly enough this was the only e-mail response I've received from them that was not signed with someone's name. Seems someone may be going rogue.

I'm guessing (hoping...) that subscription matters are farmed to an outside agency, but you need to know that agency does not seem to be acting in your best interest.

I'll be interested what your request may bring.

Thanks again,

Scott Smith

Follow-up.

I received a very nice phone call (actually a message...I do not have phone access during the day) and an e-mail from Debbie Plummer apologizing for my inconvenience and confirming that if I wish to proceed that the promotion I had tried to take advantage of would be honored.

Not entirely out of the woods yet, I received another message seven minutes later from another person that said my payment had been processed, but for only a single year. That said, with Ms. Plummer's assistance I'm sure we'll be set right.

Thank you for your input/assistance Beth!

Scott Smith

My subs aren't due until next January-ish, but I got a letter 'inviting' me to renew last week, now I've got an icon on screen 'inviting' me to renew. The icon appears to stop the other icons (smilies, text format etc.) from working unless I scroll down so it's off screen. It appears to grab the focus in preference to allowing selection of the edit panel menu options.

Bob & WF,

I've just had an email back and she's said -

Whenever we change the websites, if a stylesheet is changed, sometimes a browser caches the old stylesheet and doesn’t fetch the new one, which has happened here. If Bob clears his cache (Ctrl + f5 works in most cases for windows) or looks at the instructions for clearing his cache for his browser/OS here, then the image will appear in the correct place for him.

Beth

Hi Beth,

I'm having similar trouble to Bob.

I have not had a reminder to renew my subscription but last night an icon showing a magazine cover with the cation renew subscription. On going to my settings my subscription is not due until March 2017 and I phoned up the publishers and they confirmed this. At present I cannot upload photos.

I have tried what you suggested to Bob but this has not worked for the two devices I have tried today.

Any advice please.

Regards

Robert

• 2 months later...