The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

Posted by Beth Ashby Moderator on 13/09/2016 11:57:59:

Okay, I'll pass this information on and see what I can find out.

Thanks

Beth

So any update on mine Beth and do you need my subscriber number to investigate? There is obviously a problem here, can you not send out our magazines and then investigate the problem. Thank you.

Posted by chip on 14/09/2016 11:28:57:
Posted by Beth Ashby Moderator on 13/09/2016 11:57:59:

Okay, I'll pass this information on and see what I can find out.

Thanks

Beth

So any update on mine Beth and do you need my subscriber number to investigate? There is obviously a problem here, can you not send out our magazines and then investigate the problem. Thank you.

Yes indeed, I had expected some update by now. Still no sign of the mag BTW.

Posted by Beth Ashby Moderator on 14/09/2016 14:05:12:

The subscriptions department take a maximum of two days to get back to us so I'm hoping to hear something by tomorrow latest. I've got your subscriber number Chip, and have passed on all the relevant information.

Thanks for your patience

Beth

Is there any update Beth? The mag still hasn't arrived. My subscriptions with a publication date of today arrived on Tuesday so at least I have something to read!

Posted by Beth Ashby Moderator on 15/09/2016 13:53:25:

Fun Flyer,

I've just heard back from the subscriptions department and they've said that your subs number is one number short, would you mind PM-ing me your address and they'll be able to find out what's going on through there.

Chip,

I'll PM you now in regards to your subscription.

PM sent.

Posted by Beth Ashby Moderator on 15/09/2016 13:53:25:

Fun Flyer,

I've just heard back from the subscriptions department and they've said that your subs number is one number short, would you mind PM-ing me your address and they'll be able to find out what's going on through there.

Chip,

I'll PM you now in regards to your subscription.

Apologies Beth, you're correct, I lost a digit off the end of the number.

Posted by Beth Ashby Moderator on 19/09/2016 11:06:31:

FunFlyer,

As your subscription is to ROI, it can take a few extra days in the post to get to you. Subscriptions department have advised that in the worst case it can take up to 14 days. If after then it hasn't arrived, we can arrange for another one to be sent out.

Beth

Thank you for the reply Beth. However its not terribly satisfactory because as I said this seems to be a problem unique to RCM&E and it makes me wonder why I should bother with a subscription at all.

Posted by Fun Flyer on 19/09/2016 22:29:17:
Posted by Beth Ashby Moderator on 19/09/2016 11:06:31:

FunFlyer,

As your subscription is to ROI, it can take a few extra days in the post to get to you. Subscriptions department have advised that in the worst case it can take up to 14 days. If after then it hasn't arrived, we can arrange for another one to be sent out.

Beth

Thank you for the reply Beth. However its not terribly satisfactory because as I said this seems to be a problem unique to RCM&E and it makes me wonder why I should bother with a subscription at all.

Dude...really? Do you "hear" yourself?

It's a magazine subscription, not the cure for cancer. If it takes a couple days it takes a couple days. Honestly, what is the difference if it arrives this week or next?

"Perspective"...look it up.

Edited By Scottrik on 20/09/2016 01:11:46

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Beth,

I'm not sure what's happened to the Autumn Special on the digital subscription app, it's showing as there but it's blank and won't load or download anything. Please can you see what the problem is with it. It might just be a bit too early.

received the RCME special mag in the post today....yeehaa..Nigel hawes is back in,also in the mag was the subscription form telling you/me how to subscribe either by on-line,phone etc......Mrs A decided to do it on-line as instructed by the form...and it was like watching paint dry as the form attempted to do as intended and process the info......in the end she had to resort to the phone to see if all was well with her attempt....... may be worth young Asher's setting one of his droid's on a mission to check it out....?

ken Anderson...ne..1.... subscription enquiry...dept.

• 4 weeks later...

I am a spanish subscriber and I have not received the autumn special issue yet, neither the November issue. I would only like to know if another spanish subscribers are in the same situation as I do not dare to claim the magazines to the editorial if the delivery has not come to Spain yet. Anyone spanish subscriber can tell me anything? Many thanks.

I live in Canada and have a digital subscription which was such a bear to renew last year. I was dreading going through the procedure this year, but I've got to say I did it and it was painless and worked first try. Thanks for simplifying the process, renewing now is a breeze.

I am a print + digital subscriber and have been for several years now. Recently I decided to make better use of the digital element of my subscription by installing the Pocketmags app on my Kindle fire. First tried this some months ago and it would not work. Got fed up with it and left it alone. This week I decided to try and get it working again. Nope still no good.

Now let me preface all this with a bit of background so you don't think I'm a total Muppet. I work in IT; in fact I work in a data centre and am quite comfortable with most types of computer systems.

Long story short I contacted the Pocketmags support email address asking for help. This is the reply I got:

Hi,

Thank you for your email!

Please install the pocketmags app **LINK** on your device and login the app with your pocketmags details to access the issues.

Warm Regards,

James

Pocketmags Customer Service

[email protected]

Excellent I thought I’ll do it now. Keep in mind I said I had a problem installing on my Kindle Fire. The app is not compatible with the Kindle fire. Click the link above and read some of the reviews. Here are a couple:

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

By Danielle Jessica on 11 Jun. 2016

Verified Purchase

Opens to a blank white screen with a tempting menu bar at the top that does.....nothing! Yup. No magazines to see here because the app, that is meant to work for the Kindle fire, does not work for the Kindle Fire. When is someone at Pocketmags going to fix this teensy problem I wonder????

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with my Kindle Fire

By David Verney on 8 May 2016

Downloaded this to read Athletics Weekly. It was the app that the link from the website took me to. However it does not work. I have emailed the publisher and await a reply.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Go for kindle fire

By D J Gearing on 29 May 2016

Verified Purchase

Once installed you just get a blank screen. As others have said no problems on my android phone or tablet, but no go on kindle.

Of course I have written back to PM about the issue and it's not filling me with confidence that the problem has a quick fix. Is anyone at the magazine aware of this problem?

Regards,

Carl....