The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

Posted by Beth Ashby Moderator on 22/01/2018 20:00:17:

Hi Ken,

I've just PM'ed you. A new mag will be with you shortly!

Beth

........................................................................................................................................

Mag delivered today..............smiley

ken Anderson...ne...1..... happy dept.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How do I find my (print) subscriber number without rummaging through the rubbish to find the envelope my latest magazine came in? I would like to read the article on servos that is subscriber only, which, I assume, includes print only subscribers like me.

thanks

Geoff

Thanks, Beth. There is a number on my account which I assume is correct but still can't access subscriber only articles. Are they available to magazine subscribers? I tried the digital editions for a year but found them difficult to read despite the fact I read a lot on line normally. I think the problem is that magazines are in portrait format whereas most (all?) displays are set in landscape and so the whole page can't easily be read without shifting around the screen.

I'll try emailing the subscriptions department to check that the number in my account relates to my current subscription rather than my lapsed digital one.

Geoff

Edited By Geoff Sleath on 20/03/2018 12:07:52

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have been trying to subscribe to the RCME digital edition but it tells me it can’t process my order because it doesn’t deliver to my country (Switzerland). Presumably that shouldn’t matter for the digital edition.

I’ve tried the phone number several times but no answer.

The reason I want to suscribe online is to get access to the subscriber content. Up to now I’ve been buying individual issues through the app’. I’d prefer to subscribe through that but as far as I can tell it would not give me a subscriber number.

Regards

Glen

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 06/04/2018 13:11:29

• 2 months later...
Posted by supertigrefan on 26/06/2018 20:15:05:

How long does it take for the activation email to come through?

I have the subscription confirmation no. but not the 10 digit activation.

I've just checked your account and the subscription seems to be active, supertigrefan?

Pete

As the second paper edition of my subscription (arranged 4th MAY) arrived today, and still no sign of accompanying "deal" item (Metal Case), I went back to my paperwork, to the dawning realisation that this may be due to the confirmation wording saying "renewal", a nuance that had escaped me at the time. (I'm obviously far too trusting)

Remembering the now locked thread here from 2014, a sense of concerned Deja Vu ensued.

My subscription was NOT a renewal. (Certainly there will not be another!)

I have sent Email to the required address, so this post is information only, and I'll unlikely be here to see reply, so no need to bother.

This is the reply received (with minimal clipping)

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your recent email.

Our records show your renewal/order was submitted to us via a discounted offer and does not include a gift.

Please allow me explain why this must have happened. In the subscription advertisement within our magazine it gave you an offer "Quote Code" to use when placing your subscription order either by phone on online. This code needed to be used at the time you entered your online order, as the gift offer's are exclusive to our readers and as such are only promoted within the magazine as not on our website, our website does however offer discounted subscriptions prices to all of our publications as many of our readers prefer to chose this option.

When you placed your subscription, unfortunately you did not use the promotional offer code as directed within the advertisement and instead you selected our discounted offer, as I confirmed previously this offer does not entitle you to a gift therefore no gift was generated to be sent to you, if the correct code had been used when placing your order this would have generated the gift.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If there is anything else that I can help you with please don’t hesitate to contact me.

For and on behalf of RCME

And this is my reply back:-

Hi XXXXXXX,

I have the two page original magazine advert in front of me. Vol 61, No5, May 2018.

1. There is NO “Quote Code” mentioned to be able to state ON EITHER PAGE.
  2. At no point does it state it is only for direct magazine applicants.
  3. It states for a Print Subscription I should receive a “Free Overlander Aluminium Transmitter Case” and the line is given a single asterisk qualification, which in the small print ONLY limits the offer to UK Subscribers. I am.
  4. IN ANY EVENT, you are stating that I paid online or by phone and failed to state the code when ordering – this is BLATANTLY INCORRECT as I ordered on a photocopy of the order page (to avoid defacing the magazine and retain a copy) AND I PAID BY CHEQUE No 11947 on Nat West. This was posted to yourselves. I have that payment recorded on my account.

NOT my error, your records are wrong, please advise your actions to correct.

Only a LITTLE upset..............................

Dave,

I don't speak in any official capacity for RCM&E on this, or any other, matter. But out of curiosity I went to the on-line digital archive version of the May2018 edition. On the two page advert for the subscription the free gift is mainly dealt with on the second page. In the lower right hand corner of this page, in a red box, it says

"Quote ref: RCME0518P"

Is this not the reference number referred to?

Out of even greater curiousity I double checked with my copy of the print version, and that's identical.

Admittedly, its not very big, but surely its not really true to say it isn't there?

As I say, just my personal view, not RCME "policy"!

BTW, I'm really not sure it is entirely appropriate to publish private correspondance on here without the author's permission.

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 03/07/2018 15:04:45

Correct on the tiny code BEB, but the second page heads in large red triangle and flags in big yellow Tag as referring to Digital Subscriptions and online. I did not want Digital nor did I order online.

I followed the printed order form, filling out the required sections, all of them.

Please look again, Where on that form should you put the code? Where does it state you MUST put the code ON THE FORM?

I sent in a copy of the published order form, they had ALL the data required.

As I say, its not my issue - I was only curious.

However, what is my issue is your publication of someone else's correspondance to you without their permission. I have to say we, the moderators, are not happy about that. It has nothing to do with the fact that its from RCM&E's subscriptions department, we would take the same view on any private correspondance, from anyone. The email/letter writer has a reasonable cause to belive that their one-to-one communication with you is private. We have to respect that.

You are of course at liberty to offer your own summary and to publish your response. But not their correspondance. Please do not do so again.

Thanks

BEB

Hi BEB

I'm sorry but I have to take issue with you over the statement

However, what is my issue is your publication of someone else's correspondance to you without their permission

This may have been the case with personal correspondence in the 1950s and 60s but these days one should never write anything in an email that one is not prepared to see published on the internet especially in the case of a dispute between a customer and supplier.

Having read through the thread I can see nothing wrong with Dave quoting the email reply verbatim.

To expect such correspondence to be "private" these days is somewhat naive.

Regards

Shaun

This is not up for debate Shaun, please see the CoC. Such correspondence will remain private as far as this forum is concerned and any breech of that will result in disciplinary action.

BEB

PS Perhaps we are charmingly old fashioned and naive - but maybe many members prefer it that way!

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 04/07/2018 10:40:53