The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

Hi Beth,

Thanks for taking this on for me.

I can give you a quick update on my dialogue with the Pocketmags help team. I explained that the URL given shows my device (Kindle fire) as not being compatible with the software download. They mailed back for clarification on my type of device so I stated again that it's a Kindle Fire and that they should look at some of the reviews for the software which state exactly the same problems I already have. Nothing back from them since the 4th Nov.

As an aside I thought I'd try and get the offline reader working on my Laptop. Nope that will not work either because the offline reader software is only compatible with Windows 8 and above. I use Windows 7. I cannot upgrade to Win 8 or above because of legacy software restrictions.

So one way or another I'm not able to view the digital content in the way I would like. Yes of course I can view on line in a browser, but that is not always convenient.

Thanks,

Carl.....

• 5 weeks later...
Hi,
Rcme website told me my 3 month dd digital only membership was about to run out.....which I thouggt was odd because I thought the point of the dd was it carried on every 3 months. I ended up deciding to re subscribe for a second time but now I'm worried I'll be paying twice. Please can you check this out for me and let me know what is happening. Thanks

Tony H

• 1 month later...

Since re subscribing I have been locked out of access to the digital RCM&E Magazine. Despite whining about it to a couple of websites no restorative action has been offered apart from them acknowledging that I have sent them an email! Has anybody else suffered this inconvenience? I wonder if the problem is at my end.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 04/02/2017 08:02:56

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Beth I am wanting to subscribe to digital and print as soon as I get enough information about certain things, does the digital also include access to back copys and is their a difference from paying through continuous direct debit or paying the yearly subscription up front do you get less access if you pay continuous 3 month direct debit and more if you pay yearly thanks.

For the first time, I also did not receive a free gift when renewing my subscription. Back in October/November I renewed my Print+Digital subscription and sat back to wait for my free gift. When it had not arrived after some time, I telephoned and was told (rather shirtily, I thought) "...you don't also expect to get a free gift when you are getting the magazine at a discounted price, do you?..." I assumed that, since I renewed on-line, rather than using the magazines order form, different prices were involved so left it at that, even though I did receive a free gift for the last 4 years without showing a free gift code - there is nowhere to enter a code no. when renewing on-line.

However, I now realise that the prices are the same and am wondering, again -

Why did I not receive my free gift ???

I want one. Who do I contact to get one?

Richard,

Digital subscriptions do include the access to the online archives and paying by DD or Credit card won't make a difference to the access that is available to you.

Pete,

If you wanted to drop me a PM with your subscription number, i'll have a closer look and see if there is anything we can do to help you. On average the response time from the [email protected] email address is two working days.

Ian,

Normal policy is that when you renew because you get a cheaper price than a first time subscriber, you wouldn't get the gift too. Although as it seems as if you have previously, if you also send me a PM with your subscription number then I can have a look into it for you and see what we can do.

Thanks

Beth

Well after a few emails and a PM here the matter is fixed, in a good way. Thanks

I subscribe because I enjoy the articles not for the gift, but when a gift is offered for subscribing I do expect to be included no matter what My method of payment is.

Although I have now been informed the offers are only valid for year subscriptions, which I shall take into account in future, I pay quarterly as the cost is more manageable for me.

Thank you RCME for fixing this

• 2 weeks later...

hi beth I have just started my subscription of print and digital a couple of weeks ago, but I nearly bought this months new magazine edition in the shop, when do you receive your edition of the magazine if you are print and digital, BECAUSE IF IT TAKES THIS LONG I THINK I WILL JUST CANCEL AND BUY MY COPY FROM MY LOCAL SHOP, because it has been out a while know and my paid for copy is still not here.....WHAT IS GOING ON. can you please message me with the details of when I will receive my copy. Thanks

SHOUTING isn't going to resolve it any more quickly, Richard.face 11

I think you'll find that most online magazine subscriptions tend to commence in the month following application, in my experience.

I'm sure Beth will be along soon enough to look at your situation....your patience is appreciated

Pete

I agree with Pete, every magazine subscription I have ever had starts with the next months issue after you subscribe, they don't post out a single copy of the current month to the new subscriber, they add you on the distribution list for the next issue and bulk postage drop. This website says the next issue is out on 14/4/17 so I would expect you to receive that one as the first issue on a new subscription.

Edited By WolstonFlyer on 25/03/2017 10:24:51

After a period where I wasn't able to buy the magazine from my local newsagent for various reasons I decided to take out a postal subscription. I do subscribe to a magazine of a totally different interest and have never had any issues with non-delivery or late delivery, so I wasn't anticipating any problems.

Since my RCM&E subscription started, however, I have only been able to obtain copies after complaining about non-delivery, which means I don't get my copies until about two weeks after everyone else in the UK - and quite possibly later than purchasers in other countries. Despite repeated requests I am sory to report that I have had no feedback on why I am not receiving the magazine at the scheduled time, so in frustration I am posting this query - Is anyone else having problems getting their subscription copies of RCM&E?

Tony

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/03/2017 18:00:06

Richard, It may be that you haven't received the magazine because you subscribed after the cut off date for that particular issue. If you email me through your subscriber number or address, then I can look into this for you.

Tony, i'm sorry to hear you've had these delivery problems. If you send me through your subscription number, I will have a look and see if there is an underlying problem.

Thank you

Beth