The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

Mine and Terry Walters' also arrived in SW Fance today, Nick. My address sheet, inside a clear wrapper, is franked from 'Port Paye 98/03' in Paris, a business post service, so I wonder if the mags are now printed, or at least packed and distributed, from regional locations depending on the destination country?

Pete

Hi, after a subscription hiatus (been buying RCME at the newsstand), I opted for the digital subscription.

While I understand the print edition may take some time to setup and ship, I would expect the digital version to be much faster. Payment was processed the 29th of Oct but not a peep from anyone and certainly not a link to the current edition! I do get the usual email traffic to subscribe but...

Mike Eydenberg

Just in case somebody can do something, I go on waiting for receiving my december´s issue. I am really very dissapointed with the delivery these last months. I do not know if I will receive it someday or it has lost as lastly I do not know what to think. Sorry if my English is not quite well.

I know it's nearly Christmas, and times are hard, but are MyTime Media that hard up?

My Print & Digital subscription runs out in April 2015, and I've just received my subscription renewal in the post TODAY (28th November).

That's only 5 months in advance! smile o

Is this a record?

• 1 month later...

I should receive the Feb 2015 ssue as part of my prior subscription. The March 2014 was the first issue of my online and digital subscription. Long time print subscriber before that. I also renewed my subscription so should get issues through feb 2016. I do not have access to the feb issue 2015 in the iPad app. Pocketmags shows my sub as not active.

What do I need for access to the new issues?

Posted by Eric Van Norman on 10/01/2015 15:14:06:

I should receive the Feb 2015 ssue as part of my prior subscription. The March 2014 was the first issue of my online and digital subscription. Long time print subscriber before that. I also renewed my subscription so should get issues through feb 2016. I do not have access to the feb issue 2015 in the iPad app. Pocketmags shows my sub as not active.

What do I need for access to the new issues?

Update: I redid the activation again (did Activate within iOS app) and this time the download option shows up.

• 4 weeks later...

I've reposted this from the "March 2015" thread as i reckon it's more appropriate here:

I've now had 2 reminders for my "digital and print" subscription which expires in April. At present I have access to all my subscribed copies on both my iPad and my PC. If I were to forego renewing my subscription, and resubscribe as a new subscriber at a later date, I'm unsure as to what will happen to my existing digital copies, as they are accessed using my present "subscriber number". With a new subscription I'll have a new "number".

Will I lose my present copies which I "own", since I've paid for them?

I also upgraded from print only to print + digital 2 weeks ago and received written & email confirmations. However I still cannot access the digital back issues or Pocketmags. My first email query was responded with an unhelpful copy & paste standard reply, the second has not been responded to.

Very poor service.

Hi John.

Your experience is no surprise to me and reflects exactly what I've experienced each time I've communicated with MyTimeMedia or Subscriptions staff. Whist the mag, this forum and the mods here are excellent, the quality and speed of communication from the various bits associated with subscriptions and the shop, are awful.

I did have one good conversation - but that was with the Customer Support Manager and only after lots of delays and to-ing and fro-ing with the other staff. Apparently they were going to get some training........

PS. A lot of magazines are struggling these days so I suspect that money is short and the staff overworked - or perhaps the best staff have moved on?

Edited By Nigel Day on 10/02/2015 15:57:31

Edited By Nigel Day on 10/02/2015 15:58:33

Posted by Essjay on 10/02/2015 12:14:54:

I've reposted this from the "March 2015" thread as i reckon it's more appropriate here:

I've now had 2 reminders for my "digital and print" subscription which expires in April. At present I have access to all my subscribed copies on both my iPad and my PC. If I were to forego renewing my subscription, and resubscribe as a new subscriber at a later date, I'm unsure as to what will happen to my existing digital copies, as they are accessed using my present "subscriber number". With a new subscription I'll have a new "number".

I'll check although I'm 99% sure that anything you've downloaded to a device will stay there.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 11/02/2015 10:31:07

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 11/02/2015 10:29:45:
Posted by Essjay on 10/02/2015 12:14:54:

I'll check although I'm 99% sure that anything you've downloaded to a device will stay there.

Yep, thought so. If you've downloaded digital issues via the app and offline reader then these issues are yours and will remain in your account even if you don't renew. If you decide not to renew then you'll only lose access to the Online Archive.

If you resubscribe in the future then the subs bureau will (hopefully) identify your dormant account and simply reactivate this rather than a new subscriber number being allocated.

If you take a break though then you'll have a gap in your downloads although these could be purchased individually in the newsstand app store if desired.

Many thanks for clearing that up David. I didn't realise that the subs bureau would retain your details, I wonder how long for?. I suppose they would have to keep it open or you would lose the ability to redownload any paid for mags that you'd deleted from your device/PC. 

So keeping a note of your subscriber number might be prudent yes

Edited By Essjay on 11/02/2015 16:00:14

Just received a second copy of the Feb. edition (rcvd first copy a month ago) instead of the March edition I was expecting.

Having only recently renewed my subscription a few weeks ago does this mean it has started from the Feb edition?

I did receive an email reminder stating my sub was to expire with the March issue.

Anyone want a free Feb issue? Only cost is postage from New Zealand what no takers?

David,

It would be interesting to know, what the mechanics of getting the mag out to subscribers here in the UK actually are. Most of the peridodicals for which I have subscribtions, see the product sent out on the day prior to stated publication, so as to arrive on that day. I sense that this is not the case with our 'favourite' mag and, having just subscribed to RCM&E, I'm wondering why I've now changed the habit of a lifetime, the March issue having not yet arrived with me.

Peter

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 17/02/2015 16:59:20

I am too having problems with my gift subscription.

I got a subscription for XMAS but no gift arrived. When i asked about it was told that i did not get one.

The person who gave me the subscription paid the full amount and i should have got either the transmitter mit or the sim depending on when they did it.

Was told the reason was because they did not pay the full amount but this is not not true.

So i now have a print only sub not a print and digital (which i wanted) and no gift not impressed.

If i cancel the money goes back to person who gave me the gift. So i can not even pay the upgrade.

NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 20/02/2015 13:56:10

Posted by Peter Gilbert on 17/02/2015 15:28:55:

David,

It would be interesting to know, what the mechanics of getting the mag out to subscribers here in the UK actually are. Most of the peridodicals for which I have subscribtions, see the product sent out on the day prior to stated publication, so as to arrive on that day. I sense that this is not the case with our 'favourite' mag and, having just subscribed to RCM&E, I'm wondering why I've now changed the habit of a lifetime, the March issue having not yet arrived with me.

Peter

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 17/02/2015 16:59:20

We've exchanged emails on this yesterday Peter but I didn't hear back from you - you'll be aware that you subscribed using a 3rd-party seller (iSubscribe) on 11/2 and unfortunately you just missed the cut-off for the March issue run. That said, I've asked for a complementary March issue to be sent to you and the normal issues will start from the April issue.

David.