Acro Wot ARTF (balsa) chat

Maybe some one could help me with this. I purchased an Ripmax Acro Wot MK2t and Wot Wot biplane ARF. I live in Canada. I forgot to get the IC package for both. It is to costly to purchase and ship the IC package (engine mount, tank and spinner). I'm more concerned about the engine mount. Does any one have the dimensions of the mount? Engine mount hole pattern to the top of the main rail? I would like to compare it to what I can purchase locally from Horizon Hobby, Great Planes or Sig Mfg.

Thanks

Jim

For my Acrowot balsa ARTF, for which I didn't purchase the IC package, I used a pair of Radio Active T-Mounts, which I think are exactly what Ripmax supply. The airframe already has captive nuts pre-mounted into the rear of the firewall which fits this. Ripmax (and various UK retailers) do them, see: **LINK** so you should be able to find something similar from a more local supplier.

I just fitted a nice aluminium spinner to suit my 70 FS, so just find one to suit your own engine.

Any standard fuel-tank will fit, although bear in the mind that you might need to find a way to fix and support it inside the tank-bay, as the next former along is a bit too far aft for it to reach!

• 1 month later...

I have AW artf kit ready for when I pass my A (soon I hope) and am getting everything together for it , currently I am bench running in a SC46 but reading the thread not many are using such an engine - too small ?. This will be my first ic engined low winger coming from electric ePioneer/apprentice start , will it be enough until skills improve and I want something bigger. Also not sure about what servos to use I know they are standard size but what spec ? I thought Futaba s3003 might be ok or is something better needed ? I have taken onboard ply spacer and nylon bolts for uc and other bits from thread but still not sure about SC46 / S3003s combo

S3003 servos will powerful enough in the Acrowot, but if you have not already got them I personally would use 3001/3004 with ball bearing supported output shafts. They will remain more accurate over time because of less slop in the linkage. A 46 is more than enough power for spirited performance

Edited By Richard Wills 2 on 21/10/2017 10:36:29

The 3001 has slightly less torque than the 3004, but has a higher resolution. As far as I am aware, there are no fake 3001's. The fake 3003/3004 servos have a white output shaft. the genuine servos have a black one.

Like you said, the best way of getting genuine gear is to use a reputable shop. If Steve Webb was only 30mins from me, thats where I would be going.

Hi Niall Reynolds,

I have a wot 4 with futaba standard servos and Thunder Tiger Pro 46 Engine.. Great Engine and Servos , but now I have bought the Acrowot artf and have this setup for it

Engine OS 55

Servos - HS5485HB Digital High Torque HD Gears Dual BB

And one standard for Throttle

Fuel Tank - Dubro 12oz / 360cc Clunk Tank

Servos and tank bought from Airtek Hobbies.

Good luck for the build.. hopefully will finish mine this year

Posted by Niall Reynolds on 22/10/2017 09:49:00:
Hi Kevin.
Will the 12oz tanks fit in there??
Think of getting the same or a 14

Hi Niall... the problem is that the original fuel tank is not made anymore.. the IC kit for the acro wot is a wot4 tank, the short one .. there was a fuel tank for the acro wot .. it was the same shape but longer .. it is not produced anymore .. photo - https://goo.gl/images/aAqXsz

2 resons I have bought the 12oz is because of the problem above and the os suggest minimun tank size for 55Ax is 300cc and since the acro wot is a bit tail heavy if you do not move the original postion of the servo tray ,, I tought I will reduce the extra weight from the front by adding fuel tank weight ( plastic weight not fuel )..

The tank will not fit but its not a big deal just remove some of the original tank fixture and add plenty of foam yes