October 2012 issue feedback, commentary etc.

Doug Ireland

Advert

Great to see the funny Sopwith Camel quote from the 'If your partner was a plane' thread, burst out laughing when I first saw it on the thread!

You should put a funny quote from the forum in the mag every month!

That Comet is beautiful, my second best looking passenger aircraft ever (you know what's first!) and a superb model.

CS

I was interested to read (Short Finals) that Dave Johnson, Chairman of the LMA, is angered by visitors trying to get into shows without paying. Well, it cuts both ways, Dave! I was pretty angered a few years ago when, having bought advance tickets for the Cosford show, the idiot on the gate decided that they were only valid for Saturday, that I couldn't use them on Sunday and I'd have to pay again. He was rude and offensive, and unapologetic even when, after some considerable delay, someone straightened him out and I was allowed to pass. I've never patronised the LMA since.

Excellent edition - as always.

Great show was the LMA. It's my current favourite out of the calendar.

That Pits Python was huge! I managed to get a up close look at it and take a quick sneaky snap with my camera phone. teeth 2

Certainly not magazine quality, but you can see the person sitting next to it and the jerry cans for size comparison. Just to point out, I'm around 5' 10" and the wing was above/level with my head.

Also I noticed it uses Hitec servos - not complete Futaba gear as the magazine says. smile p

Enormous 87% Pits at LMA Cosford

Click on it to see a bigger version.

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by Tim Hooper on 22/08/2012 22:58:37:

Matt's Saab looks great! I just have to cross it off my 'to do' list though....

tim

I agree. Its really tempting me to give this wood bashing a go! I've put it on the list on the RCME plans that I really want to build - Mini Capiche, Bristol Freighter (with 2 OS LA15's of course), Flying Flea and of course the TN Lancaster from the November 2001 issue! I better start soon...!

Si.