Show us your bargains from the NATS 2012

GrahamC

I'm sure there will be comments about this year's NATS on many threads, but did you come home with any bargains? Show us what you got!

Here are mine, both from the swapmeet....

A Flair Puppeteer II built to a very high standard indeed but uncovered. The quality of the build really is outstanding, and everything except the undercarriage wire is there. So finishing this will be a good winter project. Now to decide, electric or Ic?

And, a Nigel Hawes Tucano, something I had been thinking about building. for a while. Hopefully a good chuck in the car and fly hack for the winter when I don't want to be putting planes together! It should go like the clapers with the right motor.

So what did you find?

Got a OS 35FP for £10; A Hanger 9 Corsair, with servos and retracts for £50, A YT Extra 330 with servos and switch for £70; A OS 91FS pump for £70 -new in box; a CMP C160 Transall for £55, as well as servos, props and three new rx's from the swopmeet and trade.

Inwood are selling Futaba 617FASST for £50. Merlin selling Spektrum AR8000X for £45 and BRC selling micro 6ch DSM caseless rx for £7.95.

Bought a Balsa USA Taube 90 and wheels - and got 10% off. Final kit is a YT Mustang racer, my 2nd one after the other lost it's wing in flight. Is repairable, but wanted a mint example and fix the other at leisure.

There were a number of models I tried to buy but coulnt strike a deal.1 guy offered me a Super Scorpion with OS 40 Surpasse for £80 i took the money out and he said to come back later whilst he took the engine out,my money swiftly returned to my pocket.There were other models tried to buy unsuccessfully also,and I couldnt find any engines that for the price i was prepared to risk.I did buy a Hangar 9 in its box ,a Hangar 9 out of its box and a Blackhorse model as new,very pleased.

Posted by GrahamC on 27/08/2012 18:10:14:
CS.... Did you say two stroke? How could you! wink I do wonder about electric and maybe a homebrew sound system.

Nooo, four stroke! I must have slipped keys...wink

I love four strokes, take a look at this beauty for my Domino! (Thanks Dad!) That Puppeteer needs a four stroke, it's a real sound! Well in my opinion, I do have FSA disorder (four stroke addiction!cheeky)

Paul you must drive a lorry!cheeky

CS

Posted by Stephen Grigg on 27/08/2012 18:58:08:

There were a number of models I tried to buy but coulnt strike a deal.1 guy offered me a Super Scorpion with OS 40 Surpasse for £80 i took the money out and he said to come back later whilst he took the engine out,my money swiftly returned to my pocket.There were other models tried to buy unsuccessfully also,and I couldnt find any engines that for the price i was prepared to risk.I did buy a Hangar 9 in its box ,a Hangar 9 out of its box and a Blackhorse model as new,very pleased.

Which Hangar 9s ?

Took the caravan and the car's a Vectra Estate. As I wasn't flying (apart from the hanger) the car/caravan was empty, unusually. A bit more fuller on the way back...smiley

Bought loads of smaller items, as well. Servos and a set of Eflight twist n' turn retracts. Bought around 50 servos this weekend - as I seem to have run out!

Over £25.00 worth of brand new packaged Trex 250 essential spare parts for £15.00 and loads of Overlander Lipo's for the coming winter season, all at lower than advertised list prices. Could not strike any decent deals on the swap meet though but great memories of the Saturday night free flight with the backdrop of a terrific thunderstorm all around us.

Great event and brilliant weekend.

Barry