Pick a plane 2008!

Advert

My choice:-

1. A really classic style introductory slow flyer similar to Greatplanes 'Slowpoke 15' using introductory beginers electric power system that won't break the bank. This might help introduce skills long forgotten or taken for granted by the 'pro's'!

2. A good classic ww2 using small 25-30 four stroke - upside down. Again, those starting out are keen and want to try tricky things but need success and pride in their achievements!

3. Very light depron / carbon fibre based model for indoor flying with very light weight, low cost power unit and where to source these items!

1. With all the new interest and technical development, my selection would be a Ducted Fan

1. Gloster Meteor. Using a pair of Hyperflow or cheap 70mm fans. Built to a minimum weight with carbon fibre reinforcement

2. Vampire. 48" span, one good ducted fan

3. Canbera.  A pair of TowerPro or similar fans with good Brushless motors.

Hello!

No #1 on my list is still Hawker Hurricane..

Here are my preferences:

#1 Hawker Hurricane - .40 size 2-stroke or equivalent electric

#2 Auster J-1 Autocrat 40 size 2-stroke /outrunner

#3 Hawker Hunter, why not another jet model?

By the way, i'm just finishing a Mosquito from an RCM&E-plan (the smaller one), a very nice model indeed.

Just covering with Solite was a true challenge. Must You English always create so beautiful airplanes?

My Choice would be:

#1: Halifax A Mk Vll.

#2: Fairey Gannet or S.S Seafang with PJS 550r Contra rotating props! 

#3: Aero Macchi MC-72.

All Electric Motors. 

About an hour from where I live we have the only technically correct restored Halifax. This is a much overlooked WWll aircraft that needs to be modelled and get the "Tony Treatment" 

The contra rotating planes have not been that popular in the past but with this PJS set up, I understand they may have a 1000r set up in the works, it would be very realistic and scale like.

Lastly the Aero Macchi was the fastest Schneider cup floatplane and would be change from Tony's four engine Sunderland. A club member here has a scratch built similar size Sandringham and it flies beautifully off grass or water. 

Jack Higgins 

I would love to see more plans available for scale jets either i.c.d.f. or e.d.f

My three would be

1. Gloster Meteor

2. Mig 15

3. Tornado

Although building and flying a swing wing would be rather ambitious and prove a real challenge the Gloster Meteor due to its configuration would make a perfect flying scale model with twin e.d.f.'s The Mig and Tornado would realy need to be a decent size, about 61's - it that possible for d.f.