Nov 2012 issue feedback

Advert

Hi David, I'm a new subscriber and this is my 3rd issue. I am looking forward to reading it.

Is there a link to the build thread or photos of the depron Handley, I have had a search but cant find anything on it. frown It looks a bit fiddly but i may have a go as I'm just getting into depron.

Regards Roy

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 14/10/2012 21:06:19

Posted by Danny Fenton on 13/10/2012 16:56:30:

I will have to second Chris's comment, bit like the blind leading the partially sighted. I enjoyed Short Finals this month teeth 2

Cheers

Danny

Ah but Danny in the land of the blind is not the one eyed man king....?

My copy has just arrived so I'm looking forward to a good read!!!.

One bit that did leap out at me was Mr Cockers 15S powered DR400...15S is over 60 volts DC.....that's a scary voltage!!!!

Got mine at the weekend - has it been a month already?!

Had a quick flick through and looks a reasonably interesting issue. The WOO article looks especially interesting on the mythical nitro ingredient.

I know Alex Whittaker usually reads these threads, so just to say to him, intake manifolds! Not sure year his 'new' (or fresh) car is but if older than 2003, it may be one of the affected engines.

Maybe RCM&E should do a car special sometime with recommendations on the practicality of interior space of different model cars. teeth 2

Any used car dealers on here?

Cheers,
Si.

Posted by Pete B on 13/10/2012 16:18:35:

Just found mine in the post box. Terry W has a treat in store when he gets back from his travels - he's quite keen on the Robin......smile

Pete

Yep! Back now and really surprised to find it in the post box! Lovely article on the Robin 400. I had a share in a full size Pierre Robin Dr315 Petit Prince G-AXDK (below) Couldn't afford to continue fullsize flying when I moved out here! It was just a tad smaller than the 400 and with front hinged canopy doors that cut your head open when standing on the walkway if you forgot to bend backwards when closing them! Oh - and the door catches/handles, parking brake and the brake drums etc all came from the Citroen 2CV!

Would like one of those Graupner ones very much! Good article.

G-AXDK

Mag looks good all round!

Terry

My only criticism is the write up of the NATS, Alex has done a great job with his report on the scale side of things, but wheres the rest? I was really looking forward to reading about all the stuff I missed, only being there for the Saturday, I just thought with something so big and importatnt on the calendar there would have been more, other than that, great mag as usual

A huge thank you to the subscription organisers, I received my November issue today in Australia. Last year our Australian subscriptions were peripatetic and sometimes nearly a month late. This year we saw a huge improvement after February with mags arriving just a few days after going on sale in the UK. This month it is truly exciting to actually be relaxing with the hard copy as the ditital version hits the net. I've already galloped through Alex Whittakers photo shoot of Barkston Heath, some great photos of stunning models, and am starting in on Shahid Banglawala' Hotshots with a hope of eventually improving my aerobatic performance. But this issue is just crammed with goodies, I didn't even mind that it was far too windy to fly today. Thank you RCM&E.

So surprised when mine arrived on my desk this morning. Normally arrives about a week or 2 after UK publication date, or sometimes not at all, as David can testify (thanks again David for sorting that out. Thanks to the staff at RCM&E and the distribution team as looks to be a great mag, once again. We are so lucky that there is a dedicated team of people to bring us the wealth of information they do month after month and then a "Special" issue as well.

Looking forward to a good read this evening.

Safe landings

Good edition- I particularly like the new aero articles by Shahid, going to be reading those with relish yes. Not a criticism of the magazine, more a query re having an electric glider tug- sure the power is smooth but surely the need to be constantly recharging 15S of high capacity lipos (presumably via a generator) kind of defeats the point of "silent flight". I'm not knocking electric flight, just questioning how realistic a proposition an electric tug is- I would have thought the low fuel consumption of a petrol tug would be a major asset here.

I liked the single channel emulator- I wonder whether it is really realistic? I was just wondering if it had a random function (probably just when you set the longest motor run, on the last flight of the day) of failing to respond. That was my experience of single channel anyway-lots of exercise!!!!

Keep up the good work!!

According to my memory of escapements (from a long time ago) Mark, it's very realistic indeed, (except that it's reliable).

Mine is set up as a compound escapement (one click for right two for left).
When I let go after a right turn there is the classic little kick to the left just before rudder straightens up.

I have chickened out from going the whole hog though, I'm feeding a Spektrum Tx buddy socket. So I have a pilot on a "proper" Tx just in case the brain gives up.