Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale

cymaz

Advert

Posted by Ian Baxter 2 on 10/12/2017 23:46:23:

Sorry Cymaz. I haven't got any photos yet. When the supplied F12 former is in place it spreads the sides too far apart so the remaining formers (F13 to F16) are not the correct size. The plan view of the aircraft is correct and F13 to F16 are sized accordingly but the supplied F12 is about a cm too wide. There is a section view on the SLEC plan at F12 which agrees with the wrongly supplied part so the sectional view must also be wrong.

I've had a look at the plan and from what I remember the side sheets go from F3B to F12. Dry fit the side sheets and then see if F12 goes in.

Posted by propogandhi on 10/12/2017 23:29:40:

Guy's I posted in another thread, I've got I Stampe myself that I'm restoring but am looking at sprung U/C solutions.

prop (Stuart).

Hi Stuart

I made this quick sprung u/c for my 1/5th scale Tiger Moth which is now about 17 years old. If you felt like making your own Stampe u/c this only needs piano wire and nesting brass tube, obviously of larger gauges for 1/4 scale. It's a low tech assembly - the wire can be bent using a bench vice and hammer. The centre pivot area of the split axle is simply bound with control line wire and the springing is via both the springs and flexing of the split axle wire.

5th scale undercarriage.jpg

Dear all, I feel happy that this Thread is still alive 🙂 my stampe has never flown so far, due to some building mistakes, maybe next year 🤔 . @ Ian at the early days of this Thread you will find a post of mine, where I had the same trouble and I believe it is a mistake in the Kit! No matter slec or precedent, just make it fit🤔. Merry xmas to all of you guys and a happy new year

Hi Cymaz and Stearmanandy. Thanks for the advice on the F12 former. Tried fitting sheeting as Cymaz suggested and no success. Have ended up doing as Stearmanandy suggested and modified F12 to make it fit and allow the natural contours of the fuselage to follow in line between F8 and F13. If I get the time I'll contact SLEC and make them aware of the problem.

Posted by Gordon Whitehead 1 on 12/12/2017 19:20:52:

Hi Prop

I think have pics on another laptop and if not I can soon shoot some. I'll sort them out and start another thread to avoid spamming Cymaz's thread. I've used this basic idea on 3 models now.

Cheers

Gordon

Stick them on here Gordon......this is the de facto thread for Stampes... teeth 2teeth 2

Well first I wrecked my Firewall with the engine mounting, by fixing that problem I realised other ones, like wrong tube on tank system ( for methanol instead of gasoline) .What else oh yes my wiring was a kind of black Plastic wire ( looked great ) but couldn‘t stand force, so now I‘m on a thin black coated electrical wire. After all I didn‘t feel happy with the Engine ngh 38 which has enourmous power, so I bought a Saito 36 Fg which is an superb and very nice looking Engine, but would have been to much fuzz with my fuselage. So I dropped that idea again and built the Saito in my other bipline. ....and a few other projects. But this is hopefully past,she needs to get airborne in 2018!!😳