Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale

cymaz

Advert

Those Dubro 4" tires are too soft, if you inflate them any more, the valves pop out of the tire.

I figure if nobody in the back gasps, I'm not doing it right. devil

I've got a little Waco that always gets a gasp, when I take off I climb out for a few seconds then push over in 1/2 an outside loop and fly back down the runway inverted. The ship is light and makes it easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Nick, she has a DLE 35R with a browns ring a modified muffler so as none of the cowl is hacked to accommodate.

Radio is a 14SG with a R7018SB receiver with dual Batteries. All servos are digital SBus.

Apart from a little trim on rotation she had an un-eventual maiden.

This started of as an Slec kit. I ended up customizing and scratch building the rest of the plane.

Still some fine detailing to go.

Tony

Posted by Pegasus on 11/09/2016 07:28:27:

Nick, she has a DLE 35R with a browns ring a modified muffler so as none of the cowl is hacked to accommodate.

Radio is a 14SG with a R7018SB receiver with dual Batteries. All servos are digital SBus.

Apart from a little trim on rotation she had an un-eventual maiden.

Nice, must do a lot of flying at 1/2 throttle.

As you can probably tell by all of my vids, I *still* haven't learned the correct amount of rudder to hold on take off and so go on a merry trip thru the grass on most. party

Edited By Nick Santovito on 11/09/2016 16:16:34

Not that I want to crow about it, but today my Stampe won the club `anything goes` flying only scale comp. for the second year running, despite a 10% points reduction as the previous winner; also the scratch build comp. which was run at the same time and involves scale detail judging. Quite chuffed to say the least. My Spit. came equal second. (20% points reduction as a previous winner).

Two bottles of wine to suitably dispose of.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nick, the wheels are 5" and are reasonably solid..They are a combination of foam and rubber, they are firm. I only rotate and land on grass and dont have any noseover issues. Saying that, it wouldnt be to difficult to achieve with the Stampe. I have no idea who the makers are, I found them in a box in my local model shop. Here is there web address. www.inwoodmodels.com

Cheers

Tony aka.pegasus

• 1 month later...

Thanks. I found a set that looks like your description.

Sullivan Skylite wheels.

half the price of Dubros but one of them was faulty.

When I was drilling the hub out to 1/4" the hub broke free from the tire. I imagine that if used that way, eventually the tire would come off of the hub on a landing with side loads. (most of mine) so I glued it with clear silicone all the way around. It seems very solid now, but only a bunch of touch and goes will confirm.

Temps in the mid 50's and strong winds with rain this week so it may be a while before I can finish the story.

Posted by cymaz on 22/11/2016 06:20:26:

Nick, we've had snow flooding and high winds over much of the UK...little chance of getting down to the strip sad

My Stampe is done for the year, too cold/windy/wet to be faffing about with it.

Its now waiting its turn in the shed for winter overhaul