Mr Tom Wright

Gaz Elliott

Just like to say what an absolute pleasure it was to meet with Tom yesterday and spend several hours discussing various modelling experiences. His knowledge is truley amazing as is the "Big Blue" . Such an innovator to be using these materials in such large designs, my lagger is testimony to that .

The reason for the visit was to add another victim to the auto gyro bug. Yes I too am now hooked and looking forward to building one in the near future . I would like to do one suitable for indoor . Fixed head with elevator and rudder. A combination of blue, depron and carbon fibre . Maybe throw in some epp fir good measure.

Well many thanks for the hospitality Tom and watch out for the maiden of the auto g .

Advert

• 3 years later...

That is sad news. It was his simple autogyro which got me into those machines for a couple of years. Even managed to meet up and fly with him at a gyro meet near Telford a few years ago. I bet there are a few people who can attribute their first dabble with autogyros due to Toms simple approach.

Pass on my best wishes.

Simon

(Hopefully you can see the big smile on my face in the last photo)

Edited By simon burch on 19/01/2016 22:38:13

Edited By simon burch on 19/01/2016 22:48:48

Hi Simon Thanks and yes I will pass on you're best. Funny enough after seeing that picture of your model it made me remember me saying to Tom while flying the prototype " Go on Tom loop it I mean what could go wrong "......... we then picked up the broken model that crashed due to the rotors coming off half way round the loop and the funny thing was how Tom looked at me and just said " That" good times and we had so many

Cheers

Mark

Yes indeed. Very sad news. Tom has enormous knowledge and experience in this hobby and that earns him well deserved respect. But what is so special is the way he wears that reputation with such modesty and the selfless way he helps others - and I know because I, like many, have been a receiptiant of that help. Tom is a great aeromodeller, faultlessly generous and a true gentleman. My thoughts and prayers are with both him and his family at this very difficult time.

Dave (BEB)

Always found Tom to be a very helpfulland and will go out of his way to sort a part or such like for me'He invited me to his home town to trim and fly a trainer gyro i had built but ill health but a stop to it .any way thought i would stick my two pennath in . regards Bernard or bernie ..

Edited By Bernard Koussoulos on 20/01/2016 10:46:38